Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Utilities Plan All Out War On Solar, Please Read And Help

cali8484

Jul 8, 2018
California
The whole concept of net metering needs to go.

You generate PV.
You either consume it or feed it into the electricity grid.

The utility should always pay wholesale price for the electricity.

What the market pays _you_ for your feed-in should have _nothing_ to do with the utility, other than it handling the metering and the payments.
You either get wholesale rate, or any difference is either covered by general taxpayers or by electricity consumers through a known supplement on the electricity price.

Instead of petitioning to keep a terrible system, come up with a sensible proposal to shift to a feed-in tariff.

That's one way to look at it. I don't view my PV energy fed to the grid as selling to the utility. Rather I see the utility providing an energy storage service for my PV energy. And the NBC's they already charge is the cost I pay to the utility for providing the energy storage service. Net metering is just part of the service.

Reactions: Ampster and h2ofun

gene

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
Do we know where Newsom stands on this, I have sent several emails to his office and none returned.
We do not really know where he stands on this. I would assume that he would be on our side but the utilities are making such a conjob out of this, they have even conned NRDC into supporting their plans. I worry Newsom may be duped as well. We really can not take the chance.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC