Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I live in Buena Park can I choose Marina Del Ray or Costa Mesa for deliver? Or will i just be assigned a location without a choice? I want to see the new Marina Del Ray location and I work by there.

I did ask if another location could be chosen to speed things up before I found out my delivery date was 4/23 and the response was that Costa Mesa was my delivery location

How was it confirmed? Did someone at the delivery center call you or email you? I'm picking up tomorrow morning and no one called or emailed me from the delivery center. ISA from Vegas just said go.

After the MVPA was signed by me and Tesla, my ISA called me and asked me if Monday for delivery was ok. He gave me some open time slots and I chose one. It sounded like he selected my desired time slot in his system and he waited for it to accept the selection and confirm. At which point he said something to the effect of “ok, you’re confirmed for Monday...”. Later, I checked my Tesla account and it appeared on the right side (see attached image). But I never actually received a call from Costa Mesa or anyone other than my ISA.

845EB95A-B9F7-4572-9B5D-D697AD8D0A7C.jpeg

Reactions: Dugknight
After the MVPA was signed by me and Tesla, my ISA called me and asked me if Monday for delivery was ok. He gave me some open time slots and I chose one. It sounded like he selected my desired time slot in his system and he waited for it to accept the selection and confirm. At which point he said something to the effect of “ok, you’re confirmed for Monday...”. Later, I checked my Tesla account and it appeared on the right side (see attached image). But I never actually received a call from Costa Mesa or anyone other than my ISA.

View attachment 296018

Thank you! I have the same experience. Pickup today but still no call from DC to confirm. I just don't want to take a $40+ Uber and get there but my car is not ready. Delivery center phone number is not listed in 'my account", only address and pickup date/time.

View attachment 296018

Thanks for the image attachment.

Original delivery for 4/23 which they changed to 4/24, on 4/23 about 6:15pm they told me truck had not made it and wanted to reschedule for 4/30, I told them i'll be out of town til 5/6 by then and today they called to tell me they "worked some magic" to get a spot at costa Mesa for me at 4pm for tomorrow 4/26, I logged into my account at 3:45pm today to see 4pm 4/25 delivery date!, called them back to confirm its today and not tomorrow only for them to say that was a mistake and I have a 3:15pm appt: time for 4/26 so as you can see there is absolutely no confusion at Tesla or the delivery center, All this is not a problem as my schedule is flexible, I just want a good car without the major defects some have posted, after 25 months of waiting and my wife telling me I'm crazy and she really did not want an electric car (range anxiety) she gets the car and I'm stuck driving my truck! Oh well guess we'll have to take more road trips just so I can get some more seat time.

Original delivery for 4/23 which they changed to 4/24, on 4/23 about 6:15pm they told me truck had not made it and wanted to reschedule for 4/30, I told them i'll be out of town til 5/6 by then and today they called to tell me they "worked some magic" to get a spot at costa Mesa for me at 4pm for tomorrow 4/26, I logged into my account at 3:45pm today to see 4pm 4/25 delivery date!, called them back to confirm its today and not tomorrow only for them to say that was a mistake and I have a 3:15pm appt: time for 4/26 so as you can see there is absolutely no confusion at Tesla or the delivery center, All this is not a problem as my schedule is flexible, I just want a good car without the major defects some have posted, after 25 months of waiting and my wife telling me I'm crazy and she really did not want an electric car (range anxiety) she gets the car and I'm stuck driving my truck! Oh well guess we'll have to take more road trips just so I can get some more seat time.

This scenario sounds familiar to me. Car was supposed to arrive at SC on 4/24 and my appointment was at 11sm 4/25. At 3:30 the SC called and said my car was still in a town 8 hours away. Appointment was canceled but no hard re-schedule was set. They put 3pm 4/25 on my account, but said that it was highly unlikely that could be met.

Today I called to confirm there was no chance of making the appointment. They confirmed; car was still in north part of state, but they would call later with details about a more firm delivery time. Less than an hour before closing, I called back. The car is now 3.5 hours away, but they do not think he car will make it to the SC before the end of tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe they will be able to schedule me for 4/27. This truly has been the most frustrating time period of the last 2+ years.

I just want the car to arrive in good shape, but these delays just build a paranoia that it is going to arrive with some issues due to being stuck on an open carrier for 2+ days longer than anticipated.