Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up yesterday and the process was super smoooth and fast. Signed some paperwork and got a 1 on 1 tour with one of the employees. Very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all questions

As for the actual model 3 is amazing, didnt see any panel gap issues or anything.

minor qualm is the plastic on the gear selector switch seems to have a bigger gap than normal, but it doesnt bother me haha

One issue I had on the way home was with auto steer. Surprisingly I could use it within about 9 miles of driving. The only issue was during autosteer, the automatic emergency braking kicked on twice for no apparent reason (car infront of me was very safely infront of me and we were only going like 50). Almost got rear ended but the person behind me was paying attention and had to slam on his brake.

iphone key works okay, seems like I have to toggle the bluetooth On/off sometimes.

otherwise amazing car, definitely worth the wait.

Reactions: frakina and pmich80
What'll happen to the first Tesla? Planning on owning two?

yes, the first one is my wife's car so we wanted to take delivery of one at a time because she had told me that if she did not like the car it was going to be mine ( no problem i said! ) and she would just lease another beemer, that lasted about 5 minutes and I can say for sure she is hooked on this car so now I have to decide if I want to spend the money for AWD or if standard range comes along before tax credit expiration I might just have to get a basic one for the steal of a value it would be after all credits it would be under 30k out the door, I really might not be able to pass up that good of a deal!

Yeah, the delays have my imagination working overtime ... They found a deep gouge or dented door and have to fix it, or??? What else do I do with these weeks where Tesla leaves me hanging??

I had the same fears, I waited 7 weeks for a VIN then 10 more days for a delivery date (4/23), then they bumped it back to 4/24 because they were over booked at Costa Mesa, on 4/23 I got a call the "Truck did not make it" and could they reschedule me from 4/24 to 4/30, told them I'm out of town then and they called me back for a 4/26 delivery, car turned out to be fine, I was paranoid for nothing, Did have the slightly misaligned panel gaps but they noted it and it really is not that bad, car is awesome and I will be getting a second one soon as this one is the wife's