Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated VIN colors. I think I have it all filled except 9200's and anything after 10,000-11,100.

Attachments

• 3-14-18 VIN COLORS.PNG
    3-14-18 VIN COLORS.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
Has anyone in the Bay Area recently received a midnight silver EAP Aero VIN? Configured on 2/9 and still nothing. Will be 5 weeks since configuring on Friday :/

Unfortunately, I am on the same boat as you, Bay Area, Midnight Silver, EAP, Aero, only difference is that I ordered 2/15. Still waiting on my VIN. Hopefully we'll get it very soon, I reckon once you get one I will get it soon after...

Status update, based on the spreadsheet and reports here on the forum. These are the "cutoff dates": e.g. a cutoff date of 2/14 means that most people who configured before 2/14 and requested this combo have VINs, and most people who configured after 2/14 still don't. If you configured yours on this date and still have no VIN, you should be near the front of the line.

* Blue/aero: 2/14 (CA), 2/25 (elsewhere)
* MSM/aero: 2/9 (CA), 2/15 (elsewhere)
* Pearl/aero: 2/14 (CA), 2/14 (elsewhere)
* Red/aero: 1/30-2/14 (CA), 2/22 (elsewhere). Unpopular config in CA. There are no reports of anyone configuring red/aero in CA between 1/30 and 2/14. The person who configured on 1/30 already took delivery, and no one who configured on 2/14 or later has VINs. Elsewhere, 15 out of 20 people who configured on 2/22 have VINs.
* Silver/aero: 2/14 (CA), current (elsewhere). Outside CA, absolutely everyone has VINs, there's even one report of someone getting a VIN after configuring on 3/10.
* Black/aero: 2/11-2/13 (CA), 2/19 (elsewhere).

* Blue/sport: 2/28 (CA), current (elsewhere)
* MSM/sport: 2/22 (CA), current (elsewhere)
* Pearl/sport: 2/28 (CA), unclear (elsewhere)
* Red/sport: 2/14-2/22 (CA), current (elsewhere)
* Silver/sport: no data (CA), probably current (elsewhere)
* Black/sport: 2/22 (CA), probably current (elsewhere)

Status update, based on the spreadsheet and reports here on the forum. These are the "cutoff dates": e.g. a cutoff date of 2/14 means that most people who configured before 2/14 and requested this combo have VINs, and most people who configured after 2/14 still don't. If you configured yours on this date and still have no VIN, you should be near the front of the line.

* Blue/aero: 2/14 (CA), 2/25 (elsewhere)
* MSM/aero: 2/9 (CA), 2/15 (elsewhere)
* Pearl/aero: 2/14 (CA), 2/14 (elsewhere)
* Red/aero: 1/30-2/14 (CA), 2/22 (elsewhere). Unpopular config in CA. There are no reports of anyone configuring red/aero in CA between 1/30 and 2/14. The person who configured on 1/30 already took delivery, and no one who configured on 2/14 or later has VINs. Elsewhere, 15 out of 20 people who configured on 2/22 have VINs.
* Silver/aero: 2/14 (CA), current (elsewhere). Outside CA, absolutely everyone has VINs, there's even one report of someone getting a VIN after configuring on 3/10.
* Black/aero: 2/11-2/13 (CA), 2/19 (elsewhere).

* Blue/sport: 2/28 (CA), current (elsewhere)
* MSM/sport: 2/22 (CA), current (elsewhere)
* Pearl/sport: 2/28 (CA), unclear (elsewhere)
* Red/sport: 2/14-2/22 (CA), current (elsewhere)
* Silver/sport: no data (CA), probably current (elsewhere)
* Black/sport: 2/22 (CA), probably current (elsewhere)
This is interesting. I am pretty much california and 2/14 config for black aero. So I guess I'm close to the front?

This is interesting. I am pretty much california and 2/14 config for black aero. So I guess I'm close to the front?

Looks like it. In the spreadsheet, there's literally only one person other than you either in CA or NV who configured a black aero before 2/14 and does not have a car. I'd expect you to get it as soon as they start the next black aero run.