Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I got a VIN for my white/aero TM3! :D Similar to @supernoman, I got a lower VIN: 92xx (appeared in the last 2 hours). I wonder if our cars are coming to SD on the same transport. At this point, I assume it's nearly impossible to take delivery by 3/31, so it appears Tesla isn't shifting all post-3/31 delivery production outside of CA right away.

Last edited:
Yes, I got a VIN for my white/aero TM3! :D Similar to @supernoman, I got a lower VIN: 92xx (appeared in the last 2 hours). I wonder if our cars are coming to SD on the same transport. At this point, I assume it's nearly impossible to take delivery by 3/31, so it appears Tesla isn't shifting all post-3/31 delivery production outside of CA right away.
Congrats. So weird about the VINs being out of order/random. No one from Tesla's contacted me about delivery.

It probably would of been available for pickup on Saturday 3/31; however, I'm away until 4/1. Therefore, she is shooting for 4/2. I expect to get firm date/time in next day or so as I already had secured financing from a local Credit Union. I wouldn't be surprised if your vehicle and mine are on the same transport. Looks like other than color; our configurations are identical. I hope you get delivery this weekend; keep an eye out for mine.
Will do, I am going to push to get it this weekend. I am going out of town on the monday for business for 8 days

Reactions: PLUGZIN
Congrats. So weird about the VINs being out of order/random. No one from Tesla's contacted me about delivery.
They only began building white/aero 92xx's in mid-March, and were still giving out VINs from that block on 3/21: VIN Colors So they are not too far out of order. Your 92xx may at this point be a week old, @RSavage 's 76xx may have been manufactured as late as March 12, and the 1184x mentioned above may be rolling off the assembly now.

If Tesla is anywhere near their end-of-Q1 target of 2500/week, this kind of spread should be expected.

Great News! ISA called this afternoon (3/27) and advised that my car is on it's way to San Diego. Should arrive at the new San Diego delivery center by this weekend. Delivery is scheduled for Monday 4/2. If any other owners picking up their vehicle in San Diego this weekend happen to see a Red M3 w/18" Aero wheels (VIN 116xx) feel free to take a picture and post. I hope everyone else who configured 2/22 also gets their vehicle soon. I have updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

This yours??!! Saw this Red Aero at the unloading lot yesterday. I didn't note the VIN...sorry.

Reactions: PLUGZIN
This yours??!! Saw this Red Aero at the unloading lot yesterday. I didn't note the VIN...sorry.

ISA just called me; confirmed final details for my delivery on Monday 4/2. Pickup is scheduled for the afternoon. She also confirmed my vehicle is still in transit; therefore the Red M3 in the picture is destined for some other lucky San Diego area resident. Hope your delivery went smoothly.

I may be able to put this worry to bed right now. I received what I thought was a very low VIN of 76XX for a white aero car....I took delivery of that car today at noon in SD. The date of manufacture on the door jamb was 3/18. As speculated by some, they seem to be assigniing VINs in blocks by configuration. My VIN was low...the car is freshly built.
Moral to this story.....don't worry too much about the VIN, just enjoy the car....its frickin AMAZING !!!!!!

Just picked up our white aero. VIN 92XX. We also have the 3/18 date on the door. And our car is also AMAZING!! :D

San Diego people! There is a new delivery center opening up in kearny mesa in august! They are using it as an overflow lot at the moment... check out the picks bellow, tons of TM3s!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6986.JPG
    IMG_6986.JPG
    555 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6987.JPG
    IMG_6987.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6988.JPG
    IMG_6988.JPG
    508.6 KB · Views: 96
Just picked up our white aero. VIN 92XX. We also have the 3/18 date on the door. And our car is also AMAZING!! :D
Congratulations! I've been in lots of high end cars....I come from a professional motorsports/engineering background (endurance sports cars). This is HANDS DOWN the most fun car I've ever had for the street. It seems to know what you are going to ask of it before you ask. Tons of torque at any speed. Absolutely flat cornering. Turns in like crazy...then powers out like a big displacement ICE. Can you tell I love my Model 3? Hope you enjoy yours as well :)