Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To answer the question posed: No!

I checked late last night and no VIN. This morning around 7:30, my VIN finally showed up. I will cross post to the VIN the assignment thread. I will update the spreadsheet if it ever loads. That wait seems to take just as long.

Config : 3/1
VIN : 4/4
Black, 18", nothing else (cheapo version)
VIN : 12493

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is tracking how often each person is checking their VIN assignment, time to configure, etc.
And they're sending out the invite/VIN accordingly. :)

Make sure to refresh your page every few minutes. It may have an impact!!

• Funny
Reactions: jgd108
To answer the question posed: No!

I checked late last night and no VIN. This morning around 7:30, my VIN finally showed up. I will cross post to the VIN the assignment thread. I will update the spreadsheet if it ever loads. That wait seems to take just as long.

Config : 3/1
VIN : 4/4
Black, 18", nothing else (cheapo version)
VIN : 12493

This feels like good news to me, as another Black/Aero hopeful in L.A.

Invite 3/22
Config 3/22
VIN: awaiting

Black, Aeros, EAP

Still waiting ... tomorrow is the end of my 6th week waiting. I will call them and ask if my car will postpone until Elon Musk reaching his 5000/week production like he promised at the beginning. Or their delivery or VIN assignment software logic messed up like their autopilot couldn’t handle split lane. :)

Seeing others config later date with the same specs , same region and already got VIN driving me nut while my V8 truck!

Config: Feb 22nd, Blue, EAP, Aero.
From SoCal

I have no idea who mine is. Would they even contact you before a VIN is assigned.

I'm in Riverdside County.

They may not contact you even after your VIN is assigned. :p I got my VIN 7 days ago and I haven't heard from my ISA. I called Tesla yesterday and spoke to a rep. who sent a note to my ISA to reach out to me hopefully yesterday or today, but I haven't heard anything since.

Configured 3/16, Pearl White, 19" Sports wheels. , Enhanced autopilot. Southern California. Previous owner. No VIN.
my info:
*Line Waiter
*configured 3/22
*VIN assigned immediately #9992
*ISA told me that was the fastest he's ever heard of someone receiving their VIN
*White, EAP,19s
*picked up 3/31 at Marina Del Rey (2 years after reservation date)

so strange.. it seems to be completely random as you were a previous owner. Hope you get it soon

Same, I'm in San Bernandino County. I hope that proximity to Service Centers or Delivery Centers doesn't factor in to VIN, because I'll go to SD, LA, OC, where ever my car can get to first.

Exactly, I would drive to wherever for pickup. But they don't ask you or give you a choice. As a previous Model S owner I'm very disappointed in this Model 3 ordering process.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde