Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just passed the 3 week mark of no VIN

MSM, EAP, AEROS
Config: 3/21
San Diego

I'm 03/17 config from San Diego as well. I've been tracking when the most recent San Diego VIN was, and it's 03/29. See a lot of VINs for east coast or the mid-west, and some in LA and Bay Area. I wonder if there's some bottleneck down here in the delivery centers or just a focus on rest of CA before we get another wave soon.

By the way, I made my own custom spreadsheet in Google Docs to load data from the Model 3 VIN sheet without having to load it over and over again. Here's the formula if you want to use it:

=query(ImportRange("1egcRTNt_qWpLTeyJASgQ3WoLqTZUXnGQ2QgBUIh7BZY","All Entries!A1:AG5000"), "SELECT Col13 WHERE (Col13 IS NOT NULL) AND Col3='San Diego' Order By Col13 DESC LIMIT 1",0)

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
In the past week I saw 2 truckloads of Model 3 on the I-5 South. Once at around 4 pm when I got off work, and another time around 6 am as I was headed into work.

I guess its a good thing to see more 3's being moved, hopefully means VIN soon for my white, EAP, sport configured on 3/16

In the past week I saw 2 truckloads of Model 3 on the I-5 South. Once at around 4 pm when I got off work, and another time around 6 am as I was headed into work.

I guess its a good thing to see more 3's being moved, hopefully means VIN soon for my white, EAP, sport configured on 3/16
You should get soon..usually 2-3 weeks and delivery within week to 10 days depending on financing.

I'm 03/17 config from San Diego as well. I've been tracking when the most recent San Diego VIN was, and it's 03/29. See a lot of VINs for east coast or the mid-west, and some in LA and Bay Area. I wonder if there's some bottleneck down here in the delivery centers or just a focus on rest of CA before we get another wave soon.

By the way, I made my own custom spreadsheet in Google Docs to load data from the Model 3 VIN sheet without having to load it over and over again. Here's the formula if you want to use it:

=query(ImportRange("1egcRTNt_qWpLTeyJASgQ3WoLqTZUXnGQ2QgBUIh7BZY","All Entries!A1:AG5000"), "SELECT Col13 WHERE (Col13 IS NOT NULL) AND Col3='San Diego' Order By Col13 DESC LIMIT 1",0)

I feel just based on reading FB and various tesla forums/reddit, a lot of people with aero wheels are still waiting. Definitely saw a few San Dirgo 2/22 msm/aero configs waiting on their vin.
and cool thanks for the formula! I dont really know how to use excel but Im sure a quick google will point me in the right direction

I feel just based on reading FB and various tesla forums/reddit, a lot of people with aero wheels are still waiting. Definitely saw a few San Dirgo 2/22 msm/aero configs waiting on their vin.
and cool thanks for the formula! I dont really know how to use excel but Im sure a quick google will point me in the right direction

I think you'd put that into Google sheets and not Excel.

Looks like Aero is the sticking point. Our family stats: San Diego
1. Black, 19 - Invite 2/22 Config 2/24 VIN 3/4 Del 3/17
2. Blue Aero - Config 2/23 VIN 3/12 Del 3/23
3 MSM 19 Config 3/17 VIN 3/23 Del 4/2

4. White Aero Config 3/17 VIn pending
5. Black Aero Config 3/17 VIN pending

Reactions: tracksyde
It’s day 32 here in hell. The nights are long and cold. The sustenance is grim. All that gives me hope is what showed up in the office parking lot adjacent my space.
A8CA0B53-2C59-498A-B2BF-45DD398808C2.jpeg

Dammit.

Had a delivery date set for monday, yesterday my VIN disappeared and so did my delivery appointment from the portal Wednesday night. ISA called and said the need to get me a different car and has no lead time or reason why. I am almost done with week 6 since I configured and have no VIN. Should have ordered the sport wheel, would have my car by now.

Looks like Aero is the sticking point. Our family stats: San Diego
1. Black, 19 - Invite 2/22 Config 2/24 VIN 3/4 Del 3/17
2. Blue Aero - Config 2/23 VIN 3/12 Del 3/23
3 MSM 19 Config 3/17 VIN 3/23 Del 4/2

4. White Aero Config 3/17 VIn pending
5. Black Aero Config 3/17 VIN pending

Montreid, first of all thanks for the tracking you are doing. I believe you are missing some Red Aero's including mine; perhaps I didn't post to spreadsheet correctly. I'm replying not to call out the error; but to provide hope to other CA Red Aero orders. My stats are:

3/31 Line Waiter, Fashion Valley, San Diego
2/22 Config
3/22 VIN Assigned
3/27 First Contact by ISA
4/2 Took delivery at San Diego Delivery center

On 3/28 I stopped at the delivery center just to see where it was, etc. They were prepping another Red Aero; but wasn't able to get the VIN. So there was at least one other Red Aero being delivered in SD in late March. I don't know if that owner is on this forum or uses the spreadsheet. If you see I entered something wrong in the spreadsheet let me know as every data point is useful.

Wishing all other Red Aero customers receive their vehicle soon.