Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LR-Blue-Black-19-Hitch on 2nd October, got VIN and delivery date on 5th October, picking up on Friday.

Does look as if I will be getting an EOQ car - so I'll report in on the experience and quality.

Anyone else received an EOQ car yet? Any comment on quality? (Thanks, g5My for your post).

Too broad to say if it will be a "+" or a "-" experience.

Some folks have had flawless deliveries, and some have had horrendous deliveries. My MY was not perfect, but I still have issues that need to be fixed by the SC.

Hi all just wanted to share my info regarding my order process from initial order date to delivery as a reference point to others.

Ordered: Long Range MY / Black Interior / Induction Wheels / No FSD
Order Date: 9/18
Estimated Delivery Time Frame @ Time of Order: 5 - 9 weeks
Completed Profile Tasks: 9/26
VIN Assigned: 10/2
VIN: 59xxx (still 2020 model year)
Delivery Date: 10/6

For those of you that have been assigned a VIN, but still awaiting to arrange a delivery date, here me out as this might help you get your MY sooner. As a preface, I did lag in completing my profile at first (setting up loan, registration info, etc) so this may have delayed me getting assigned a VIN.

Initially after I placed my order, I got a voice mail from an advisor at Tesla Newport Beach and a welcome email from Tesla Lake Forest. Calling was easier so I returned the phone call, set up my preference of delivery location (Costa Mesa) with the TA and everything seemed good. A week or so later I texted my advisor with some questions to which I received crickets. Ok whatever, I understand they're all probably very busy so I decided to be patient and wait for a response.

After still not getting any response and also not having my phone calls answered, this Monday (10/5) I decided to contact the Tesla Lake Forest location since they sent me an email when I first ordered. I called and was on the phone with Karen who I believe is the manager at that Tesla location, and she helped to answer my questions and looked up the status on my order.

Turns out, my car had already arrived at the Costa Mesa delivery center! She notified the delivery team for me to have them contact me to set up an appointment to take delivery. Not even 20 mins after that call I received a phone call from the delivery team and to my surprise they told me I can come in the next day to pick up my new MY. Mind you, this entire time my Tesla account still showed the 5 - 9 week timeframe until the delivery team was notified.

So for all of you who have a VIN assigned already (especially for everyone who noticed a VIN pop up on 10/2 I saw a lot of posts of people noticing on the same day) your MY might be arriving or may have already arrived sooner than you think. Just try reaching out to a TA (I understand it might be difficult for some people depending on your location since I've heard some Tesla locations being impossible to talk to an actual person), but if you can it might mean you can possible get your MY sooner!

Had I not contacted Tesla Lake Forest who knows how much longer it would've taken for someone to reach out to me and set up my delivery. Glad I have the car now and fortunately only minor issues that need to be addressed with a SC appointment I already set up :)

Reactions: Fred42
Ordered 10/03
White on black 19"
No FSD
San Jose
I emailed my SA and was told they have a forecasting tool that says my car will be finished on 10/23. Anyone heard of that before?

That’s the first time I heard about forecasting tool. I was just at the Dublin CA showroom and ask about my order and of course he said we are currently looking a match for your order.

Taking delivery this weekend...can't wait

9/2 - ordered
LR / MSM / Black interior / 20" / autopilot / no tow
ETA was 2-4 weeks
9/9 - 2-3 weeks update text
9/30 - 4-week mark, still no VIN
10/2 - emailed SA for update
10/4 - SA responded saying they had an insane EOQ and that my build would likely not be ready until EOY. Offered similar build+tow hitch for additional $1k. Rejected it since I didn't want to pay for something I will not need.
10/5 - SA called and texted matching me to a VIN. 59xxx
10/7 - delivery appointment confirmed. Colma location

Reactions: VinceMYLR