Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I'm new here but I have been following all of the threads.

I ordered my MY on 10/17 and have been trying to get updates as often as I can. My SA updated me today that he is estimating a mid December delivery for me and I'm located in Orange county. Here's to hoping it can come sooner.

Reactions: sleepies
Funny I just got a text from my advisor today, telling me to make sure I complete all outstanding task in my tesla account within the next 72 hours so they can match a vin for me. Also text message says that it will be most likely a December delivery.

I read some where that Tesla extended that 60 days?... Or is that now over? Also from the text I received today. Sound like mine will be a December delivery.
I was just told by my Tesla SA that they can get your Tesla financing refreshed beyond your original finance window without a credit check.

Picked up mine today 10/31 @ Fremont factory. (ordered on 10/21, VIN 10/29). White LR AWD no tow, FSD, 20” inductions.

Process was smooth. They gave me some grief about not doing ACH prior to delivery, but I told SA I wanted to inspect.

Got a call on 10/30 evening to “pick up now if you want” but I didn’t want to go at night. Got the text around 945am today that pickup was ok. Arrived, inspected outside, actually was able to unlock and inspect inside despite email saying I could only open the car upon payment. Made ACH payment on phone and accepted delivery. Noted that once I paid and “accepted” the car rebooted itself.

Double pane windows definitely there. Noticed no significant issues with quality of paint or assembly. There was a small ding (pinhole size) on the driver door handle, but I’ll prob just sharpie it. Only funny gap was the trunk to roof but honestly its whatever, and the right side driver door isn’t as flush as the left side driver door when looking from behind the car but we noticed it on pretty much all the cars in the lot today.

I did notice about 6-8 other Model Ys waiting delivery, which both my buddy and I noticed were in varying states of Frunk alignment issues. Two were left side severe misaligned, one was CENTER misaligned which must be a dent. So my advice to most folks is to keep on your checklists and definitely look at the frunk alignment.

I did have a funky SW issue, where there was a warning to contact Tesla service. Took about an hour to clear up, involving a new firmware push, and updating my Software, but cleared up after. Delivery personnel were super nice about it and told us to definitely to not leave until it was fixed.

It was 1030 am on a Sat and despite the email warnings, the place wasn’t crawling with people (in 1.5 hours there, only one other person showed up to take delivery, but there were 6-8 other cars waiting). No one bothered us as we inspected the car for like 30 mins, nor did they bother us for the hour we waited while the firmware/software fix happened.

Reactions: sleepies
Picked up mine today 10/31 @ Fremont factory. (ordered on 10/21, VIN 10/29). White LR AWD no tow, FSD, 20” inductions.

Process was smooth. They gave me some grief about not doing ACH prior to delivery, but I told SA I wanted to inspect.

Got a call on 10/30 evening to “pick up now if you want” but I didn’t want to go at night. Got the text around 945am today that pickup was ok. Arrived, inspected outside, actually was able to unlock and inspect inside despite email saying I could only open the car upon payment. Made ACH payment on phone and accepted delivery. Noted that once I paid and “accepted” the car rebooted itself.

Double pane windows definitely there. Noticed no significant issues with quality of paint or assembly. There was a small ding (pinhole size) on the driver door handle, but I’ll prob just sharpie it. Only funny gap was the trunk to roof but honestly its whatever, and the right side driver door isn’t as flush as the left side driver door when looking from behind the car but we noticed it on pretty much all the cars in the lot today.

I did notice about 6-8 other Model Ys waiting delivery, which both my buddy and I noticed were in varying states of Frunk alignment issues. Two were left side severe misaligned, one was CENTER misaligned which must be a dent. So my advice to most folks is to keep on your checklists and definitely look at the frunk alignment.

I did have a funky SW issue, where there was a warning to contact Tesla service. Took about an hour to clear up, involving a new firmware push, and updating my Software, but cleared up after. Delivery personnel were super nice about it and told us to definitely to not leave until it was fixed.

It was 1030 am on a Sat and despite the email warnings, the place wasn’t crawling with people (in 1.5 hours there, only one other person showed up to take delivery, but there were 6-8 other cars waiting). No one bothered us as we inspected the car for like 30 mins, nor did they bother us for the hour we waited while the firmware/software fix happened.

That's awesome! It looks like CA deliveries are trickling through!

I ordered my MY with similar specs except I got the 19" wheels on 10/17. Hopefully mine will come through as well soon...

Reactions: jetsurgn
I'm super excited to join the waiting room. I ordered on 11/3 but didn't accept financing until today 11/21... do you think that will affect the delivery date? I was getting texts from Tesla saying "3-6 weeks but maybe be available pending completion of outstanding pre-delivery tasks" yesterday before I accepted the loan offer. Bay Area, White with black interior, long range, no tow, 20" induction wheels,

I'm super excited to join the waiting room. I ordered on 11/3 but didn't accept financing until today 11/21... do you think that will affect the delivery date? I was getting texts from Tesla saying "3-6 weeks but maybe be available pending completion of outstanding pre-delivery tasks" yesterday before I accepted the loan offer. Bay Area, White with black interior, long range, no tow, 20" induction wheels,

I worked with a Tesla SA and he told me that priority is given to those who complete the pre-delivery tasks. I completed everything on 11/17. I just got a text to schedule delivery next week. Very excited!

Congratulations on your order, I’ve been waiting for almost a month now.

Attachments

• D26E5DF2-F939-4016-AAF0-436F2F641086.jpeg
    D26E5DF2-F939-4016-AAF0-436F2F641086.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 67

If true I think it is obnoxious and obscene that there are still quality and alignment issues happening at this rate. All manufacturers have issues here and there but this is an order of magnitude worse than any other manufacturer.

I plan to spend an hour or more, checklist in hand, and set an expectation that I may be rejecting delivery before leaving my house. My phone will also be in hand taking pictures and if there are issues posting them everywhere. I encourage everyone taking delivery to do the same and finally put some pressure on Tesla to improve quality. Accepting delivery with defects is just encouraging more of the same.