Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see some of us in SoCal got our 1-3 week text. This will be the longest 1-3 weeks ever
Bay Area
Ordered 8/11
White performance no hitch

I haven’t even got the 1-4 week texts everyone else has.

Test drove at Santana row and Fremont to pass the time

I wouldn’t stress too much if I were you, you’re so close to the factory that you could get a call in a day for delivery. If I was closer to Fremont I would be driving there weekly to ask haha.

Reactions: CO_MY
Los Angeles - Ordered 7/31 - White, LR AWD, white interior, induction wheels, no FSD, no hitch. Received a text on 9/1 that car was ready and they set up a delivery appt for 9/4. Vin 42,3xxx.

Picked up the car yesterday. Looks almost perfect. Exterior paint color appears to match perfectly on all panels. Biggest problems were a couple of scratches on tail light, a piece of weather stripping somewhat protruding on roof, and two small ripples in rear seat leather. We accepted delivery and requested service for this upcoming Tuesday. The car is beautiful. We have a 2018 Model 3 LR/AWD in MSM/black interior - it has been a great car, but just a little too small for my tall husband. I feel like the Y has perfected a few of the issues we didn't like about the Model 3.

Reactions: CO_MY
Los Angeles - Ordered 7/31 - White, LR AWD, white interior, induction wheels, no FSD, no hitch. Received a text on 9/1 that car was ready and they set up a delivery appt for 9/4. Vin 42,3xxx.

Picked up the car yesterday. Looks almost perfect. Exterior paint color appears to match perfectly on all panels. Biggest problems were a couple of scratches on tail light, a piece of weather stripping somewhat protruding on roof, and two small ripples in rear seat leather. We accepted delivery and requested service for this upcoming Tuesday. The car is beautiful. We have a 2018 Model 3 LR/AWD in MSM/black interior - it has been a great car, but just a little too small for my tall husband. I feel like the Y has perfected a few of the issues we didn't like about the Model 3.

I was so jealous to see your delivery, I’m in SD and ordered the exact spec the same day as you. I thought for sure another one was coming to me. It’s wild that it was possibly between us.

glad to hear it’s good quality, congrats! I’m hoping for delivery in the next week or so

I would love to find out how this selection process works on Tesla's end. For the trickle of cars going to California over the past couple of weeks, is it just random? And it certainly looks like it's not 0% West Coast deliveries before EOQ, so do they have a certain small percentage of cars that do get diverted to California throughout the quarter or is it more ad hoc, like with a transport or financing issue?

I would love to find out how this selection process works on Tesla's end. For the trickle of cars going to California over the past couple of weeks, is it just random? And it certainly looks like it's not 0% West Coast deliveries before EOQ, so do they have a certain small percentage of cars that do get diverted to California throughout the quarter or is it more ad hoc, like with a transport or financing issue?
If I had to guess it’s adhoc and based on cancellations. I think beginning this upcoming week you’re going to see a surge of west coast VINs and deliveries. My guess is it would flip now for mid west and East coast, meaning we can finally be the ones receiving VINs everyday haha

That’s encouraging at least, and they delivering it on a holiday. I haven’t washed my current car in weeks as I’m waiting until delivery day for trade in to do so. I know the second I cave I’ll finally get an update and end up having to pay for 2 car washes. Between here and reddit it seems this upcoming week start California deliveries

• Love
Reactions: Sundiego26
That’s encouraging at least, and they delivering it on a holiday. I haven’t washed my current car in weeks as I’m waiting until delivery day for trade in to do so. I know the second I cave I’ll finally get an update and end up having to pay for 2 car washes. Between here and reddit it seems this upcoming week start California deliveries
Don’t wash your trade in they don’t care.

Ordered My Model Y Midnight Mettalic on White LR with Tow Hitch on 8/6, got my 2-4 week txt last Weds 9/2 feel like this is taking forever even more sad to see when others are getting their orders with 20day online , Im in Sacramento so hoing to get it sooner than later.

Fresno CA
MY LR AWD, white/black 20" rims, no FSD
Ordered 8/29, no updates.

Did speak to two separate SA's and they each told me there should be no reason not to get the car by the end of this month...as I read through the different posts, I hear it's more of a believe it when you see it kind of deal with Tesla...Crossing my fingers :)

I was so jealous to see your delivery, I’m in SD and ordered the exact spec the same day as you. I thought for sure another one was coming to me. It’s wild that it was possibly between us.

glad to hear it’s good quality, congrats! I’m hoping for delivery in the next week or so
We financed through Tesla and already had everything set up in our online account weeks ago. I’m not sure if that gave us priority (according to sales rep, it does), but It couldn’t hurt to have to all ready. Fingers crossed that you get your text soon. My husband was texting or emailing our sales rep about every 10 days for an update...

We financed through Tesla and already had everything set up in our online account weeks ago. I’m not sure if that gave us priority (according to sales rep, it does), but It couldn’t hurt to have to all ready. Fingers crossed that you get your text soon. My husband was texting or emailing our sales rep about every 10 days for an update...
Haha you and I are clearly very similar. We also have had everything squared away for weeks now but appreciate the advice. Enjoy your beautiful car and I can’t wait to get ours!

I often see a truck load of MY’s along 80 as I drive to work along the Berkeley stretch. Always look to see if any are like my order
LR, White, Black interior, 20”, no hitch, no FSD. Ordered 8/23...keep checking for a VIN assignment