Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from factory:

1. Hood replaced. No more Chip.
2. Missing paint repaired.
3. Lift gate re-fit. 100% CVIS standard
4. Gap under tail light fixed
5. Fully detailed. No more adhesive
6. Doors adjusted but meet spec.
7. Had Sr Manager of body engineering out here measuring and it passes.
8. 7-day return policy begins today vs yesterday, paperwork reprinted showing new delivery date

They’re re-delivering this morning.

Update from factory:

1. Hood replaced. No more Chip.
2. Missing paint repaired.
3. Lift gate re-fit. 100% CVIS standard
4. Gap under tail light fixed
5. Fully detailed. No more adhesive
6. Doors adjusted but meet spec.
7. Had Sr Manager of body engineering out here measuring and it passes.
8. 7-day return policy begins today vs yesterday, paperwork reprinted showing new delivery date

They’re re-delivering this morning.

Good luck, share pics once you receive!

So interesting fact - I have 53,000 VIN but no delivery appointment.

I reached out to Tesla and my car is still being built. I guess VIN numbers don't really correlate with build date. So you really can't judge VIN ranges and what your seeing in terms of other VINs in your range.

They dropped the car off while I was out back and didn't get a text saying it was delivered. Did eventually get an email. Looked over the car and found a few more issues but none that can't be fixed via a service appt. Good news is the rear hatch looks a lot better (I'm assuming it isn't supposed to be flush with the bumper when closed... but recessed?) The hood looks great and just needs a minor adjustment left/right so it's centered... no big deal. Missing paint was addressed and can't tell it was even touched up.

New things I found (and will document immediately via the service request):
  1. Two front bumper sensors are not white like the others... they're a darker shade and stick out like a sore thumb.
  2. Some minor scratches in the black portion of the rear bumper.
  3. The triangle trim outside near the passenger mirror is bulging out and not installed correctly.
  4. Tail lights still need some adjustment but nothing terrible.
  5. Both front doors are flush except at the first crease below the door handle where they meet the rear doors. Can't figure out how they can possible get them flush.
Can't tell you much about the inside or the ride as I can't access the car. LOL. The "Accept Delivery" button on my account is grayed out so it won't let me in the car. They're trying to figure it out. The passenger side rear seat back appears to be much higher than the rest of the seat and the white dash trim appears to have black smudges all over it on the passenger side.

It's a gorgeous car. And for those of you on the fence with the 19" wheels. The pictures of the Gemini covers don't do them justice. In person they're very attractive and almost impossible to tell they aren't wheels. And the silver/grey contrast is really nice. NOW if I can only DRIVE it... :)

Reactions: gastowatts
I am Guessing that there are higher margin FSD models that Tesla wants to deliver before non FSD or EAP optioned models before the 3rd quarter end.
I would stand prepared for a an early October delivery.
I ordered almost the same configuration, but with FSD on 8/31 and picked it up in Irvine last week.
BTW , I would grab an EAP upgrade at $4K a good practical option.

Low and behold, I received a just now scheduling delivery on 9/29 at 8 PM in Irvine. After being told mid October by the SA and via the online chat, I stopped checking the Tesla site for my VIN so you can imagine my surprise to get this news.

VIN 56XXX

Reactions: JustSaying
Had an appointment for tomorrow in Serramonte, got a call from Tesla today that the car was ready and they would deliver it today. 10 min later they call me and tell me that the car is still being manufactured and now my appointment is set for the 30th.

Ordered on 9/1
VIN 57XXX

Just got a text that my Red/Black Perf w/ hitch will be built in 1-2 days. They set up a delivery appointment for 4pm in Dublin (I had asked for Fremont but assigned home delivery and requested pickup).

So right down to the wire. text also said if I took delivery by the 30th they’d include the 1000 supercharger miles.

Had an appointment for tomorrow in Serramonte, got a call from Tesla today that the car was ready and they would deliver it today. 10 min later they call me and tell me that the car is still being manufactured and now my appointment is set for the 30th.

Ordered on 9/1
VIN 57XXX

Same boat here. 9/28 moved to 9/30 for Serramonte.

Curious with all the 1000 mile offers (I've never received one) - did any of you use a referral and get another 1000 miles? Or did you buy without a referral.

So I finally got access to the interior and after a few mins, called and told them I want a new car. Headliner has scrapes, stains everywhere, several trim parts are installed incorrectly or broken. Found a scrape in the paint down to metal as soon as I opened the back door and a myriad of other things. Worst is both front doors are misshapen. One with a bow so bad it casts a shadow on the back door. They just picked it up and said they’ll fix everything or find a replacement car by tomorrow morning. They agreed to let me come to Fremont and inspect either personally. If they can’t make this right, I’ll just return it and keep my 3.

7D32A14C-C4F9-4677-8CC7-2BB851038418.jpeg 802C7C27-BC39-452C-981F-955926522DEE.jpeg 98BDF274-EBC3-47F0-BAFC-E692C2243A84.jpeg 2A4186D6-F96E-4EA2-B1D3-E9D670C092CE.jpeg 32536D25-529F-4F47-B16C-FF59FC692D1D.jpeg 55288319-6B4D-4D02-81A9-865FEAB38B79.jpeg A171DFBF-DA2D-48DF-80D6-882F3E0BFF2C.jpeg 40452A83-EE60-4279-9BAA-B24C5D11F135.jpeg

Last edited:
So I finally got access to the interior and after a few mins, called and told them I want a new car. Headliner has scrapes, stains everywhere, several trim parts are installed incorrectly or broken. Found a scrape in the paint down to metal as soon as I opened the back door and a myriad of other things. Worst is both front doors are misshapen. One with a bow so bad it casts a shadow on the back door. They just picked it up and said they’ll fix everything or find a replacement car by tomorrow morning. They agreed to let me come to Fremont and inspect either personally. If they can’t make this right, I’ll just return it and keep my 3.
View attachment 592835 View attachment 592831 View attachment 592832 View attachment 592833 View attachment 592834 View attachment 592836 View attachment 592837 View attachment 592838

Jesus that quality is shitty. You def gave Tesla a fair chance and I can't believe they drove that back to your place

Just got a text that my Red/Black Perf w/ hitch will be built in 1-2 days. They set up a delivery appointment for 4pm in Dublin (I had asked for Fremont but assigned home delivery and requested pickup).

So right down to the wire. text also said if I took delivery by the 30th they’d include the 1000 supercharger miles.

I'm in the same boat as well. They're trying to force me to take home delivery which I'm opposed to. Tesla is stating that doing any pickup will delay delivery which frankly is BS since I originally opted for the Fremont factory. I'm happy to flex until I have the ability to see the vehicle AND reject based on QA if needed.

SA is stating that since I did get an text asking me to reply back with "PICKUP" it seems as if some orders are being given the option for a fremont pickup. I'll wait to see how the fremont delivery team responds.

Last edited:
I can’t believe they told me “we had the Senior Manager of Body Engineering check all panels and they passed” and that the car was “fully detailed”. There’s not a doubt in my mind this was a rejected car.

That is absolutely appalling. If I were in your shoes, I'd be sending Elon Musk a certified letter with those pictures asking him if this was acceptable and if indeed the "Senior Manager of Body Engineering" actually checked this. As a Tesla shareholder, I am truly flabbergasted at this level of incompetence. I placed a reservation for a MY last week and I'm hoping that by the time I get around to taking delivery in 6 months or so, that a lot of these issues will have been ironed out.

I believe Tesla will eventually get their act together, however, I think people do need to start writing to Elon's office with complaints, that way a lot of these issues will reach the upper echelons and maybe Elon will starting kicking some arses.

Reactions: jmatero
That is absolutely appalling. If I were in your shoes, I'd be sending Elon Musk a certified letter with those pictures asking him if this was acceptable and if indeed the "Senior Manager of Body Engineering" actually checked this. As a Tesla shareholder, I am truly flabbergasted at this level of incompetence. I placed a reservation for a MY last week and I'm hoping that by the time I get around to taking delivery in 6 months or so, that a lot of these issues will have been ironed out.

I believe Tesla will eventually get their act together, however, I think people do need to start writing to Elon's office with complaints, that way a lot of these issues will reach the upper echelons and maybe Elon will starting kicking some arses.

Unfortunately it’s looking like by the time Tesla gets their act together others will have caught up to the technology. This is quickly becoming just a stop gap car for me while Mercedes figures out electric.

Reactions: jmatero