Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla scheduled my pickup time at the Irvine location on 9/29 at 8 PM, which seems a bit late. I thought 7 PM was the last window. I’m also concerned that there won’t be any sunlight to let me get a good look at the paint. For those who’ve picked up at Irvine, how has your experience been?

I can only reschedule for the following day at the latest to take advantage of the free 1,000 miles of supercharging.

Even with BRIGHT daylight sun, depending on where you car is parked, its already TOO dark....not sure if the structure has lights inside enough to light everything up, but I brought a flashlight (the wrong one) and still had trouble viewing it in the dark. I did ask them to move it to a spot that got SOME direct sunlight. They gave me alllll the time in the world....no rush....

If anything, see if they can move it earlier, just give them a call, they may say "we have it ready for today if you want".....and pick an earlier time with light. We did a 2pm pickup.

Picked up today VIN 57XXX. I was relieved with the overall quality of my MSM performance Y. There was some minor issues but not enough for me to reject delivery. Panel gaps were pretty good except for the fronk issue below.

-Right side fronk is higher than the left
-Window trim of the left passenger loose
-Black sticky rubber protruding above driver interior trim
-A scratch behind drivers seat
-Dirt smuges on interior trim
-Back right passenger seat does not fold when pulling the release button

View attachment 592925 View attachment 592926 View attachment 592927 View attachment 592928

that black sticky stuff appears to be either the roof glass or windshield adhesive. I wouldn’t get the car wet until it’s fixed.

can you add picture?

I’d like to but according to my phone, they just pulled in into the “tent” at the factory. LOL.

I’m assuming it should be flush like this pic. Imagine it being pulled in an inch past the bumper so standing behind it, you can touch the top of the bumper.

model-y-dual-motor-variant.jpg

The pic you posted looks like how it's supposed to be. Some have complained about the hatch being so flush with the bumper because it then gets hit in even minor rear impacts. So on the one hand being inset would have some practical benefit, but it's not normal.

Unless it’s home delivery in which case 9/30 2am could happen.
Based on some having their delivery dates pushed back, and many others getting scheduled at the tail end of their delivery date windows, it seems they might be a little behind where they hoped to be. I suspect you're right: they're probably going to be dropping these things off in front of people's houses right up until midnight.

Even with BRIGHT daylight sun, depending on where you car is parked, its already TOO dark....not sure if the structure has lights inside enough to light everything up, but I brought a flashlight (the wrong one) and still had trouble viewing it in the dark. I did ask them to move it to a spot that got SOME direct sunlight. They gave me alllll the time in the world....no rush....

If anything, see if they can move it earlier, just give them a call, they may say "we have it ready for today if you want".....and pick an earlier time with light. We did a 2pm pickup.
I took mine up tp the 6th floor roof in Irvine. Full sun up there.

I’d like to but according to my phone, they just pulled in into the “tent” at the factory. LOL.

I’m assuming it should be flush like this pic. Imagine it being pulled in an inch past the bumper so standing behind it, you can touch the top of the bumper.

model-y-dual-motor-variant.jpg

Not sure if it's the angle but that panel gap on the right hand side of the trunk looks suspicious

How do you even get in contact with the fremont factory?
I got a text (from the normal boiler plate text number but this time it was a real person) to confirm my insurance and when I told them I had Tesla insurance. I got a call maybe 10 minutes later from them asking for my down payment. It was a 510 number Fremont. Literally was doing paperwork at 11pm last night.

Car is supposed to arrive at noon....

I got a text (from the normal boiler plate text number but this time it was a real person) to confirm my insurance and when I told them I had Tesla insurance. I got a call maybe 10 minutes later from them asking for my down payment. It was a 510 number Fremont. Literally was doing paperwork at 11pm last night.

Car is supposed to arrive at noon....

Been following your posts.. If he's driving your car down to you, like some have done, are you planning on giving him a lift to the closest point an Uber may pick him up? It sounded like your way off the beaten path. (beautiful area you are in BTW).

Good luck on your car!

Been following your posts.. If he's driving your car down to you, like some have done, are you planning on giving him a lift to the closest point an Uber may pick him up? It sounded like your way off the beaten path. (beautiful area you are in BTW).

Good luck on your car!
Driving them back to town would seriously be a hassle 45 mins each way to depending on the tourist I get trapped behind. We have a few taxis that can be called from Post Ranch inn or Ventana.

So far no actual confirmation on delivery. So in the span of 12 hours the delivery section went from fremont pick up > delivery at my office in Big Sur @ 12am on the 28th > now it says 3-7 weeks(lol).

Then I sent a message to Tesla chat and they say Noon at my office and someone will reach out and confirm. About to send another message to the chat bot/person.

9/27 4PM Text. Delivery tentatively scheduled for 9/29. Delivery to home or pickup from factory. Selected factory.
9/28 VIN assigned 59XXX, 8AM completed loan agreement/down payment.
Delivery Appointment shows 9/29 2AM (Yes AM) and shows my home address below it.

My guess is the 2AM is a placeholder...

9/27 4PM Text. Delivery tentatively scheduled for 9/29. Delivery to home or pickup from factory. Selected factory.
9/28 VIN assigned 59XXX, 8AM completed loan agreement/down payment.
Delivery Appointment shows 9/29 2AM (Yes AM) and shows my home address below it.

My guess is the 2AM is a placeholder...

2am is a placeholder

Attachments

• 8E4DD076-3385-4C55-8CA0-1890CE4573B7.jpeg
    8E4DD076-3385-4C55-8CA0-1890CE4573B7.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 50