Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN and tentative delivery date (today) this past Saturday. I was expecting to pick up vehicle at Factory, but apparently they are going to do home delivery. I got a phone call from a Tesla employee this morning confirming my address and that the vehicle will be delivered today. Should be here within an hour....

Reactions: alexcue
I ordered back in Feb, then I put a "hold" on it. I released the hold a couple of weeks ago. Now they are telling me the next batch won't be until Dec as the center doesn't usually get cars for the month of Oct and Nov.
Does anyone have similar experiences?

So odd. When I asked for a replacement VIN they said there were no cars available because the factory is only building to fill the backlog of orders. So... where did my car come from? 57,1xx ordered 9/25, 1st delivery 9/26, 2nd delivery 9/27, 3rd delivery at the factory (supposedly) today. <cough-REJECT-cough> Look, at least I'm still smiling. I'm also giving them every chance to make this right before giving up. It's been in the "tent" since early this morning. Wonder what's in the tent? Reconditioning?

tent.jpg

It's frustrating to see the variance with which orders are filled. I ordered/confirmed on 9/6, no text, no updates. Others who ordered after me already have their vehicles. No rhyme or reason

i feel the same way. i had basically no interaction with Tesla after ordering besides the automated text messages, and a bunch of people were getting their vins/mvpa before me even though they ordered after. you'll get yours soon. didnt get my details until just this past weekend and i ordered 8/20.

I am going to drink early today...... I get a phone call and speak to an employee stating that the vehicle will be on the road in 30-45 minutes for delivery to my house. About 90 minutes later, I get a text and email stating that the vehicle is ready for delivery at the Factory and is currently parked in spot "x". I'm going to head over there in the next hour, crossed fingers I don't have to reject it. ;)

Reactions: alexcue
I ordered mine on 7/27 (Performance, tow hitch) - got a text to set up an appointment for pickup in Dublin for 9/24, had a VIN assigned. Got a call from my SA on the 23rd saying that my car still hadn't made it out of the factory and would not be ready on the 24th. He didn't have a new date, but said it should be before the end of the quarter. My Tesla account then showed a new delivery date of 9/28.

Today the delivery date is gone, as is the VIN. I got an e-mail yesterday saying my loan agreement is ready to sign but it's not in my account. Meanwhile, they already drew the remaining funds from my bank account a week ago. I called the SA this morning and he said the VIN I was originally assigned wasn't going to make it out of the factory in time, so they are trying to find another one that will. He's hoping for either tomorrow or Wednesday for delivery.

I just got my VIN , 54xxx . I ordered Red Multi Coat , 19 gemini on 9/7 .

The latest going VINs I see are in the range of 59xxx, does a 54xxx vin means it's a returned vehicle or someone refused delivery ? Just trying to see if I should read into that difference or that doesn't matter.