Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7/31 - Ordered
8/6 - 5-8 week text
8/11 - 5-7 week text
8/25 - 3-5 week text
9/9 - 2-3 week text
9/17 - 7-13 day text
9/22 - 3-8 day text
9/26 - text for scheduled delivery 9/29 at Marina del Rey
9/28 - text for delivery 9/30
9/29 - text saying vehicle in transit, 8pm pickup on 9/30
9/30 - text saying car is delayed 2-3 days, offer to sell me one with a hitch for $1,000 more but that it comes with 1,00 miles supercharging ($33 for $1,000 and likely a rejected VIN, nope!).
9/30 - text for "tentative" delivery 10/2

What config?

I have a VIN on my account; just got a call requesting to make a payment at 9PM at night with no calls before this other than text. If I miss it tonight, will the VIN go to someone else? Basically, they said they will drop the car in my driveway... are people really getting cars this way? I'm in Fremont near the Tesla plant..

Picked up my Performance MY DBM and it is freakin' fantastic. Didn't drive a Performance model 3 or Y, and holy crap is it insanely fast. I enjoy the sportier feel overall as well, as I used to be a Porsche Owners Club driving instructor (track/club racing). Only tiny little issues, rear interior plastic piece was scratched, tiny tear in a piece of vinyl, and one door handle inset too much - all were noted, photographed, and will be dealt with. They did a HORRIBLE job on the detail, however, so I won't share pics until I can get it looking like it should :)

Reactions: heems
Just returned from Irvine pickup. The Tesla crew were all smiles and very helpful. Kudos to them for the great attitude in what is an exhausting last few days (and more).

I feel lucky. I ordered on 9/16 with a 5-9 week leadtime and ended up getting my car quarter-end. It is a 58XXX VIN.

It was too dark for me to really inspect the car thoroughly, and I'll do it tomorrow (have 100 miles or 24 hours for additional feedback). Call me naive, but I think if one is reasonable they will repair the minor issues as needed so I'm not sweating it.

Overall panel alignment was pretty good. I've seen worse on this forum.
1. Rear trunk would not close automatically. Looks like latch needs to be adjusted. The service tech looked at it and said I'd have to bring it in (or mobile service).
2. Driver and Passenger front doors are a little offset and not flush with the car. It's minor and I noticed other Ys had the same issue. They took pics and I'll get it serviced with #1.
3. Interior, no major issues just two small excess plastric or trim issues on the moonroof
4. It's Solid Black, and I noticed a couple paint issues. Either overspray or buff issues, prob the size of a tennis ball. Again, not sweating it as it's a car and will eventually get chips/dents/scratches.

Agree with the previous poster, detailing was an afterthought. But I'm OK with it as I was just stoked to get my car today. Love the drive and interior (former longtime BMW/MB owner).

Just returned from Irvine pickup. The Tesla crew were all smiles and very helpful. Kudos to them for the great attitude in what is an exhausting last few days (and more).

I feel lucky. I ordered on 9/16 with a 5-9 week leadtime and ended up getting my car quarter-end. It is a 58XXX VIN.

It was too dark for me to really inspect the car thoroughly, and I'll do it tomorrow (have 100 miles or 24 hours for additional feedback). Call me naive, but I think if one is reasonable they will repair the minor issues as needed so I'm not sweating it.

Overall panel alignment was pretty good. I've seen worse on this forum.
1. Rear trunk would not close automatically. Looks like latch needs to be adjusted. The service tech looked at it and said I'd have to bring it in (or mobile service).
2. Driver and Passenger front doors are a little offset and not flush with the car. It's minor and I noticed other Ys had the same issue. They took pics and I'll get it serviced with #1.
3. Interior, no major issues just two small excess plastric or trim issues on the moonroof
4. It's Solid Black, and I noticed a couple paint issues. Either overspray or buff issues, prob the size of a tennis ball. Again, not sweating it as it's a car and will eventually get chips/dents/scratches.

Agree with the previous poster, detailing was an afterthought. But I'm OK with it as I was just stoked to get my car today. Love the drive and interior (former longtime BMW/MB owner).

So looks like you were told to report all issues in the mobile app by 24hrs? This was formerly 3 days or 100 miles....looks like I'm going to have to spend some time tomorrow combing through the car again. Already submitted an appointment but it won't be until Oct 12, so I plan to just drive into the service center and see that they can do.

I got contradictory messages. By text, a notification that the delivery will not happen today, but rather by October 3rd at the latest.

On the phone, they said my car was “confirmed” indicating that it was in the final stages of being looked at and rolled out to the lot. I’d likely be seeing it tonight before midnight.

Who knows what’ll happen? All I know is that I need it before Saturday; I’ve got business to run that day and I need a car!

I'll add another pick-up today (tonight). I ended up picking up in Buena Park, with an 8pm appointment. When we got there, there was a line out the front door! So I sent the wife and kids home (it was past their bedtime) and hoped everything would be ok (it was). After dealing with way too many people who cannot seem to comprehend 6' distance, I got the DMV paperwork signed and went to check out the car. The dealership had some decent lot lights, but I was only able to do a quick once over there without good lighting.

Once I got home, I put it in the garage and broke out the shop lights. To my surprise, the car looks MUCH better than I was expecting. Only a few exterior blemishes that I could find:
  • Bad spot in the paint on the rear decklid
IMG_0539.JPG
  • Drivers side wheel was curbed pretty bad
IMG_0548.JPG
  • Some light scratches on the rear passenger side trim (I may let this go as it's pretty minor).
IMG_0541.JPG

Otherwise, the panel gaps look great, everything functioned like it should and I am super happy. The car was pretty dirty, but I'm ok with that. I'll correct that tomorrow. The inside looked pretty clean, but I'll go over that in the sunlight tomorrow. As for now, she's in the garage updating the software and charging for the first time (here). Charging at 35mi/hr on a 50A circuit, so I'm happy with that.

All in all, I placed an order on 9/18, got a VIN assignment on 9/29, and took delivery on 9/30. Pretty speedy I think.

Reactions: heems
Just got a call from 415 numbers around 9PM said my car was ready, and went to Fremont factory for pick up.

Only 4 miles on it.. I will check tomorrow morning to see if there is any scratches.

So far so good, just driver door need some power to close.

VIN 58XXX
Ordered 8/29

Attachments

• 4E1F6FE9-4CAC-4EAD-ACA5-203642571FDF.jpeg
    4E1F6FE9-4CAC-4EAD-ACA5-203642571FDF.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 3FB5CF36-2B1D-4CAF-A5C6-B2D24B88386E.jpeg
    3FB5CF36-2B1D-4CAF-A5C6-B2D24B88386E.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 56
  • EF490781-561B-433C-86C5-AC7CD2322B34.jpeg
    EF490781-561B-433C-86C5-AC7CD2322B34.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 46
Dont know what to do now... I ordered 8/30 with a 2 - 4 weeks on my account and was told by SA will get my Y in September since the beginning, but then nothing happened. no auto-text since 9/9.

Tried to reach out my SA several times via email and text but there's no response since 2 weeks ago.

Literally everyone ordered later have got their car, are there still any hopes for me to get the car, so tired of waiting

Dont know what to do now... I ordered 8/30 with a 2 - 4 weeks on my account and was told by SA will get my Y in September since the beginning, but then nothing happened. no auto-text since 9/9.

Tried to reach out my SA several times via email and text but there's no response since 2 weeks ago.

Literally everyone ordered later have got their car, are there still any hopes for me to get the car, so tired of waiting
What config?