Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry about your situation, I understand the frustration. I hope you get things sorted out soon. If I were in your position, i'd either call my SA or go down to the local tesla store and talk to them face to face. That way they know you're serious.

There was a woman at the delivery place last night who showed up to get her car and somehow it was given to someone else. The only option they were giving her was to buy something more expensive! She...was...not...happy.

On the up side, I went over the car from top to bottom in the daylight, and the only issues (of concern) are the same one's I previously posted, so I am relieved. It's odd, but this is the first car I've ever bought where I was anxious going into it. Normally I'm pretty happy, but this process had me so worried I couldn't enjoy it. Anywhoo, how about some happy Tesla owner shots:

View attachment 594118 View attachment 594119 View attachment 594120 View attachment 594121 View attachment 594122 View attachment 594123
Nice!

Are you keeping the CX-9?

Still waiting for an update on my car that didn't make it out by midnight yesterday. I was supposed to get an updated delivery appointment today but haven't heard a peep. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat, ordered 8/22, VIN early this week, was told delivery 9/29 then 9/30, then got the late night text last night that my car didn't make it and they'd call today with updated delivery. I have a trade in and also plan to swap plates, so when they changed from delivery center to home delivery I politely asked how they were going to do that...radio silence.

No call today, but my Tesla account now shows Oct. 3rd Home delivery 2am, except I'm going on a roadtrip tomorrow morning, coming back Sunday.

I called my the Palo Alto/Stanford store where I ordered, they were able to tell me my car will be out of the factor tomorrow. They tried to help move my delivery to a factory delivery for Monday evening, but Delivery team(Fremont) says that's outside the "3 day window" and they would have to decouple me from my car and I get back in line.

So now, I'm asking to have my delivery moved to Sunday evening as I will have to cut the vacation short and come back. No response after about 2 hours.

Disappointed is an understatement.

Bummer. Well, two of us at least. I actually just got a response from my TA, which was effectively "we have no information on your vehicle." I have no date at all online.

If the car wasn't ready today, there is no way it was going to be ready yesterday. They should have just let me know so I didn't wait up for it.

For those who have received their cars and had some repair follow-up noted, is the proper protocol to schedule a service appointment through the app? Or just take it to the service center?

My trunk lid didn’t close last night and they mentioned to just stop in today. I’ve got a few other items and just want to be as time efficient as possible.

I asked my SA about this and she told me that, yes, the proper protocol is to schedule a service appointment through the app. I actually did just this earlier today, and got a mobile appointment for next week. A few hours later I got an email from the local service center changing my mobile appointment to a service center appointment (two weeks later than the mobile appointment). I'm a bit worried myself that when the time comes they are going to try to claim that either the seven day/100 mile period will have passed or give me the "within spec" line. But at this point, the car is here and I'm just bracing myself for disappointment. If it works out, all the better.

I asked my SA about this and she told me that, yes, the proper protocol is to schedule a service appointment through the app. I actually did just this earlier today, and got a mobile appointment for next week. A few hours later I got an email from the local service center changing my mobile appointment to a service center appointment (two weeks later than the mobile appointment). I'm a bit worried myself that when the time comes they are going to try to claim that either the seven day/100 mile period will have passed or give me the "within spec" line. But at this point, the car is here and I'm just bracing myself for disappointment. If it works out, all the better.
Did you send them photos?

Mine is still at the factory being "repaired" and finally got an update today that it might be ready tomorrow but they had to order parts. Odd, since it's at the factory. Wonder what parts? BTW, tomorrow is the 7th day since I had it for 10 mins Saturday. I asked that the 7-day clock be reset to when I actually have it in my possession. The response was "will have to verify with corporate".

giphy-3.gif

Nice!

Are you keeping the CX-9?

Yep, for sure. Dollar for dollar that car is the best purchase we've made in a while. The car was moderately inexpensive, came packed with features (many that my MY doesn't even have) and has been running for three years on nothing but oil/filter changes and brake pads. Not a single issue beyond that. Add to that room for seven and my wife loves the car.

Reactions: Fred42
Finally picked mine up this afternoon! Got a call this morning from Fremont telling me my car (this time with my exact configuration, with the hitch) was ready and I could come to Fremont to pick it up. Everything looks pretty good, the rear doors aren’t perfectly flush with the front, but it’s not bad.

MSM/white, Performance, Tow Hitch
Ordered 7/27

9/24 - Ordered Blue Metallic , AWD, with FSD and black interiors for pickup at Burbank CA
9/24 - Got call same evening saying I can get it within next 4 days. I said I want it only around Oct 22 which is my 20th wedding anniv and is a surprise gift for wife. So TA set a flag on my order saying DO NOT MATCH VIN.
10/1 - I called Sherman Oaks CA location in morning to take off the DO NOT MATCH VIN flag thinking I should get my car in 3 weeks around Oct 22.
10/1 - I just checked around 8 PM and see a VIN attached (last 5 digits is 57XXX ).

I may call tomorrow to delay the delivery if its happening in next 2 weeks. Probably have the VIN assigned to someone else.

9/24 - Ordered Blue Metallic , AWD, with FSD and black interiors for pickup at Burbank CA
9/24 - Got call same evening saying I can get it within next 4 days. I said I want it only around Oct 22 which is my 20th wedding anniv and is a surprise gift for wife. So TA set a flag on my order saying DO NOT MATCH VIN.
10/1 - I called Sherman Oaks CA location in morning to take off the DO NOT MATCH VIN flag thinking I should get my car in 3 weeks around Oct 22.
10/1 - I just checked around 8 PM and see a VIN attached (last 5 digits is 57XXX ).

I may call tomorrow to delay the delivery if its happening in next 2 weeks. Probably have the VIN assigned to someone else.

guess i ordered the wrong color! Ugh.... and you don’t even want it that soon.