Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the insightful replies everyone, lets keep the flow of information moving. So being a Tesla newbie, I've got some questions for the veterans here. I am going to assume the term SA stands for "Service Advisor." Is this the guy/gal that works at the Tesla showroom and answers questions and takes people for test drives? The guy I worked with was very nice but really hounded me to get my order "on the list" with him. Are these SA's working on commission or compensated in some way vs. me just going to the Tesla website and submitting my order on my own? I'd hate to bug the guy I worked with but if he's getting a little sumthin' for taking my order then maybe he can do a little bit of digging for me. Thanks everyone, I have so many questions...

Got my VIN via email!
NorCal.. probably gonna be Fremont pick up.
LR AWD, White Exterior, Black Interior, FSD, 19", Tow.

Ordered 10/28. Previously received a text on 11/19 saying it's gonna be 1-3 weeks. Then later in December the date in the Manage Order page showed between 12/10-12/31-ish (it kept changing).

VIN is 86,6xx. Do you folks think it's a little low?
I'm seeing people getting higher VINs in the west coast recently.

I originally ordered a white MY on 11/22 with a projected delivery date range of 12/13 to 12/23. Then I decided to call in and change the color to grey. Surprising they are still projecting last week of December. Fingers crossed!

I can’t help but realize that Tesla has created a demand similar to Apple which is great for me as a shareholder. On my walk this morning in Temecula, I noticed 6 MYs pass by. I lost count of how many M3s passed by. Again as a shareholder I say kudos. After all like many folks on here, it’s the Tesla stock that is funding my purchase:). Good luck everyone.

• Funny
Reactions: Mitchoacan
Similar boat for me. Ordered 11/7 MYP/MSM/Black/No FSD/No Tow
Date just shifts each day. No VIN yet.

I emailed my SA. No helpful info. Just states that if they "find a match" they'll reach out.
Makes it sound like I entered the lottery instead of placing an order for a car to be built per my order.

Same ordered date! I Ordered on 11/7, bay area. changed from black interior to white on 11/21. SA has been super unresponsive except to modify my order. Estimate delivery changes everyday, and today is 14-30. Emailed SA today to ask for updates and of course no response.

I am worried if modifying the order will get me line up all over again (thought should not matter because car were'nt even built yet)... Who knows... Finger crossed for geting the car by next weekend...

Hey very happy for you and your new car! Hope things go well all the way through to your pickup! Please do share how your saga goes! You deserve it!

As for me, I'm still confident my car is in the works so no worries! :)

I picked up my Model Y on Sunday, all OK. I had an issue with payment which I described in another thread and will update there - bottom line they accepted a personal check for full payment. My wife refused to drive the new car home because it IS strange and it was raining, so she drove home, with our dog, in the Prius.

The VIN ends in 87xxx, and it has USB in the glove box and double pane windows and a 2021 model year.

So, they are coming off the line, hang in there. And, at least in my case, with M-310's advice, pestering them really seems to have helped. Oh, and every time I called to ask various Tesla folks about the payment issues, either the call went to voicemail with no call back, or I got a unique and incorrect answer. So believe what they do, not what they say.

Thanks again for your support and encouragement. I'll skim forward now to see if your's has shown up too.

SW

Damn RT-3, lucky you. I'm still waiting on a vin for same model that I ordered on 10/30. Aren't you also Costa Mesa? How high is your VIN? In the 90s? Did you get an email or just found it on the Tesla webpage?
yah i got vin started 90xxx. now that i got my Vin this morning wonder how much longer before i get my car. anyone know if the VINs are sent to us while in the factory still or do they get assigned when they get delivered from where we pick up?

I ordered my MY LR 20’ induction wheels black interior, no tow. Order date was Nov 27. The original timeframe was 4-8 weeks. Changed to 2-5 weeks. Then to dec 10-31 then to dec 10-28th. Now it’s dec 15-28. No VIN, emailed rep, he said I should be getting vin shortly (this was on the 11th) and I should get the car tentatively on 16th. Hoping for delivery December 2020 so
I can get those free supercharging miles!
What you guys think?