Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 3 weeks ago. Pickup was today. VIN 91xxx ended up rejecting the MY. The frunk, trunk, doors and lights were misaligned and visibly uneven. I wasn’t being ocd picky about but even my wife stood there and noticed these issues without me mentioning it and she’s not into cars at all. It was as if the car had frame damage and nothing sat correctly.

They said they will look for a another build or put me on a list. We’ll see what happens, oh well.

Ha! Good question. I just emailed my SA a few minutes ago and told him that, if going with either tow or no tow would help my delivery speed up, I'd be happy either way. (order in the system is for no tow, which I would suspect would be easier, but who knows how the build process works....) I'll let you know what I hear about that specific possible change.

Also, I would have guessed, that since I ordered with FSD, which should be a zero labor, nearly 100% margin add for Tesla, that they'd move more quickly with those. Not sure I'm seeing a significant difference (non-scientifically) on FSD vs. non-FSD deliveries, though.
Just got an email from the Delivery Center Santa Barbara:

"We expect your vehicle to arrive at the end of next week. Once the vehicle leaves the factory, you will receive an automated text message with next steps. You’re in the home stretch and we greatly appreciate your patience."

They were very responsive. Email to my SA, who sent an email to the Delivery Team, who emailed me, all within an hour or two. Much appreciated and I'm keeping the faith!

I picked up my White long range with 20" wheels today. I ordered on 10/21 for pick up in Bay area.

Got my VIN assigned on Friday and got asked if I can pick up same day. I refused and had pick up set for Saturday. I was trading in a model 3. The process was quick, spent 5 mins signing the paperwork and 45 mins inspecting the car.

Overall the car did not have any issues. I did feel a distinct vibration in the car for a second or two when parked (like a rumble). Initially I chalked it off to near by trucks at the factory. We felt it again after coming home, so not sure what is going on. The drive it self was smooth. I could not get it to happen again so I am not sure if I have to go in to a service as yet.

Ordered 3 weeks ago. Pickup was today. VIN 91xxx ended up rejecting the MY. The frunk, trunk, doors and lights were misaligned and visibly uneven. I wasn’t being ocd picky about but even my wife stood there and noticed these issues without me mentioning it and she’s not into cars at all. It was as if the car had frame damage and nothing sat correctly.

They said they will look for a another build or put me on a list. We’ll see what happens, oh well.
I hope this isn't a guaranteed pattern where every single time it's the end-of-quarter rush, we get awfully-assembled vehicles. My MYP is gonna be built last-minute which has me paranoid.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
I hope this isn't a guaranteed pattern where every single time it's the end-of-quarter rush, we get awfully-assembled vehicles. My MYP is gonna be built last-minute which has me paranoid.
This is worrisome as orders from CA (especially from the Bay Area) seems always be pushed to end of Q to fulfill and Tesla always wants to push for higher number of deliveries which may impact the quality.