Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

K-Ram

Apr 6, 2016
California
Finally have my VIN! 94XXX.
Scheduled delivery is for Sunday, 12/27, however I'll need to wait until at least Monday or Tuesday since my credit union is closed this weekend and they need my VIN to finalize the loan. Hopefully Tesla doesn't give my car to someone else. o_O

Update: Tesla is accommodating my situation and understands that most banks are closed this weekend, and pushed my deliver back to Tuesday! Picking up at Costa Mesa soon! :D

WhatsABattery

Aug 24, 2020
San Diego
It looks like we'll be getting our MY today! It was originally scheduled to be a home delivery at midnight tonight but we called the SC and found out the car is there and they're going to allow us to pick it up this afternoon!!

I’m in San Diego too with scheduled delivery tomorrow. I’m gonna call and see if I can bump it up to today too.

bluet3sla

Sep 27, 2020
sf
Near Fremont. Got text saying delivery in 1-2 days on 12/24. It was tentatively set to be delivered 2AM 12/26 (today).

Now it's reset back to December 26 - December 31 delivery timeframe with no VIN. Anyone else?

MoiraRose

Dec 26, 2020
San Francisco
Im in SF and just got a text saying that the car is being made in next 1-2 days with estimated delivery on 29th! No Vin yet. Im actually out of town until 30th and not comfortable with new car sitting on the street for few days before we arrive because of break-ins. Is Tesla flexible with delivery date?

Nov 3, 2012
SF Bay Area
Also just got a text about delivery (Dec 29); ordered on 24-Nov; white ext, back interior, no options. They're wanting us to take delivery at the factory even though we requested home delivery down in the Monterey area...

idgokhale

Dec 25, 2020
California
Did you get it? How is it? We’ve got close VINs and I’m curious if any issues
Not yet. I got an email with direct drop instructions, which said their drop off times are 9am to 6pm, however still no delivery. I’ve been texting the number that sends the delivery notifications, but he/she is very slow to respond and usually unhelpful. How are people getting in touch with their DAs?

Mr. James

Dec 17, 2020
Sf
Im in SF and just got a text saying that the car is being made in next 1-2 days with estimated delivery on 29th! No Vin yet. Im actually out of town until 30th and not comfortable with new car sitting on the street for few days before we arrive because of break-ins. Is Tesla flexible with delivery date?

Same location and same text with you. Yes, you can call Tesla to reschedule.

loanchau2k

Nov 25, 2020
Fremont, CA
Received text, but no VIN. Home delivery on 12/29, 24hrs of inspection to reject, or to report issues. I am ok with home delivery as long we have 24hrs to inspect the car.

elementsdk1

Dec 5, 2020
SF Bay Area
Picked up our Y a few hours ago (LR Blue/White, 20", ordered 12/4) at the Serramonte SC, a day early. I called the SC this morning to ask about the scheduled midnight pickup and the SA told me the car was on the lot and I could pickup today.

Overall, the car looked great. Slight gap in the backseat with the center seat, but nothing to fuss about.

There seems to be some underspray inside the door jam on both the driver and passenger side front and the carpeting underneath the seat on the driver side and passenger side seem a little off, but again, nothing to fuss over.

The bonus was...the 128gb USB that came with the car and was already plugged into the USB in the glove compartment for sentry.

Drove the car immediately to MUM Sports in Fremont for PPF and tint.

I personally cannot tell if it's the updated headlights or not, but it doesn't really matter to me.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. James

MYRiko

Dec 23, 2020
Daly City
Ordered from Serramonte SC on 12/7. MSM, blk interior, 19”, no FSD.

Received a text this afternoon, car is being built, the car will be home delivery on 12/29. Woo hoo.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC