Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on 09/19. The Tesla advisor I was assigned to instructed me to wait till end of October to complete trade-in and payment method and to expect delivery in mid-November. After completing those steps on 10/23, I called and spoke to other advisors who told me delivery should be in December and that my loan application will last for 60 days.

I also have 5-9 weeks estimated delivery and it hasn't changed since I placed my order on 09/19.

Last edited:
I ordered mine 10/28 with a 4-8 week estimate from order date.

LR-AWD, Pearl White, Black interior, 19" Wheels, FSD, no tow hitch. All paper work completed and it still states 4-8 weeks. Take your time Tesla, wishing for heated steering wheel and air suspension... hey, it will be close to Xmas!

Q3 delivery here - the real truth

3/4 of California orders will be at the bitter end of the quarter, get ready to get a call late night to pay for your car and pick up the next day. Little to no notice with a 24 hour window to do so.

other

1/4 will be trickle in randomly all over the state and you will say to yourself - wtf I ordered before them???

Seattle was like that a Q3 end... I even got the call to come down and pick up my car, but when I mentioned it would be an Alaska delivery - they said never mind - this car can't be sold to you. I said - even though it would be signed for and "delivered" - and he said yep... had to be a WA car.

I just called my SA in Lake Forest, CA. Ordered 10/16 in SoCal. He said that he has not seen a single 2021 Model Y delivery in that region or entire SoCal alone. I said that sounds like BS as some of you already picked up 2021s in Burbank??

Anyways, he insists deliveries/VIN assignment for 2021 won't happen until December.

Got a call from our SA asking if we wanted our LR AWD, White, 19in, black interior with tow hitch earlier. Inventory Model Y in Burbank that matched those specs, SA confirmed it was a 2021 Model Y with the dual pane windows. However it would be $500 to transport to NorCal or fly down to pick it up. When told we would wait SA said it would not be until after Christmas.