Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10/23 order @ Burlingame, CA. No Vin (5-9 weeks estimate). Why do I see a lot of people receiving their VINs within <15 days on the spreadsheet? I also see a bunch of members here receiving VINs with order dates after me with high 70,XXX. Haven't heard from Tesla since the order.

10/23 order @ Burlingame, CA. No Vin (5-9 weeks estimate). Why do I see a lot of people receiving their VINs within <15 days on the spreadsheet? I also see a bunch of members here receiving VINs with order dates after me with high 70,XXX. Haven't heard from Tesla since the order.

I test drove a Model Y in San Jose CA on September 26. I was surprised when the SA said that if we put in a cash order immediately there was a good chance that we could be matched with a car before the end of the quarter. Otherwise we would likely need to wait until after Thanksgiving.

I ordered in early October. That was about three weeks before you, but after the end of the quarter. While there was a burst of quick California matches around that time, they were probably cars that had been planned to be matched and sold by quarter's end.

Since then there has been only a handful of California deliveries on the spreadsheet, with no discernable pattern. Most were ordered after mine, and some were close matches to my order. That suggests there is a strong element of random assignment in the "off season". I expect that will change to a bias toward older orders, especially ones past the end of the projected delivery period, once California deliveries ramp up in a week or two. But I'm guessing that it will still be just a bias, with no clear pattern.

I think their delivery targets shift during the quarter. Makes some sense to ship new vehicles to the furthest destinations beginning of the quarter to allow room for transit issues and make up for travel time to delivery location. California is likely last priority since at the end of a quarter it is easier to push out vehicles locally to a market that is in your backyard rather than attempt to transport across the country or even overseas. Remember Tesla production numbers each quarter are reliant on cars and that are delivered and paid for not sitting in lots or in transit.

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepies
Picked up MY today at the factory. The only obvious quality issue I saw was a small section of poor and incomplete paint job near the edge of front passenger door which I'm going to report to service. I also see couple of uneven panel alignments too but not sure if that's normal because I see similar ones in near by cars in the lot. Some better than others though..

Also does anyone know what they mean by report any issues within 24hrs? If we find technical issues after that are they not covered?

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 70
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 45
I just got my VIN!! 74***
I ordered LR white/white 20” wheels

I originally ordered in August for December delivery. I called 11/9 to request delivery ASAP. Had email with VIN this morning. Awaiting delivery date.

I picked up my Y today and it is PERFECT!!!! We inspected everything before we took delivery. No issues with panels, trunk, back seats folding etc. The only thing we found was some tape adhered to the glass roof which was easily removable. I was nervous after reading threads for so long but “Betty White” is flawless.

* Does have dual panel front windows, auto dimming side mirrors, same piano black center console.

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepies
I picked up my Y today and it is PERFECT!!!! We inspected everything before we took delivery. No issues with panels, trunk, back seats folding etc. The only thing we found was some tape adhered to the glass roof which was easily removable. I was nervous after reading threads for so long but “Betty White” is flawless.

* Does have dual panel front windows, auto dimming side mirrors, same piano black center console.

Can you please post photos of the auto-dimming mirrors? There has been some dispute over whether they're rolling out and I've yet to see a photo of any in the wild.