Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, is it standard procedure that they text, call, email you about your VIN or is it worth checking your Tesla account every so often?

Kinda nervous about my SA because I never had any direct contact with him/her until I called Tesla and someone called back like 2 days later and sounded kinda bored...

Just curious, is it standard procedure that they text, call, email you about your VIN or is it worth checking your Tesla account every so often?

Kinda nervous about my SA because I never had any direct contact with him/her until I called Tesla and someone called back like 2 days later and sounded kinda bored...
I checked yesterday (even looking at the source code), no Vin. But got a text today to schedule delivery.
Added the car to my geico policy, and just awaiting Wednesday. Hopefully the car ain't a reject

Awesome news!! What was your specific order and where did you order from? Just trying to see if I’ll get a text tomorrow. Haha
So I was a rwd hold out until I found out sce going away with their rebate. So I called my SA and he recommended I place a new order online, quickly finish up all the steps, and cancel my rwd order. I did this all ok 11/5. Pick up is Buena Park, and SA in brea.
Config: black/black/gemini/no fsd/no tow

Took delivery Sat., 11-14-20. Just a few small issues.

- the two driver's side doors would only close if slammed forcefully. They corrected this issue at the delivery center that day.

- small paint blemish on the right front bumper at the joint with the right front quarter panel.

- door fitment between doors and lower trim piece.

I've scheduled a service visit to address the last two issues and to install the automatic garage door opener.
Thanks for the update. I pick mine up on the 18th.

So I was a rwd hold out until I found out sce going away with their rebate. So I called my SA and he recommended I place a new order online, quickly finish up all the steps, and cancel my rwd order. I did this all ok 11/5. Pick up is Buena Park, and SA in brea.
Config: black/black/gemini/no fsd/no tow

nice! Same configuration as mine!! How dare you fix your order a day before mine haha hoping I get an email tomorrow

Definitely check your Tesla account. That’s how I got mine.

Reactions: marines310
I checked yesterday (even looking at the source code), no Vin. But got a text today to schedule delivery.
Added the car to my geico policy, and just awaiting Wednesday. Hopefully the car ain't a reject

I got a new phone number about a month ago and called Tesla to update it. All three times, the advisors informed me that it was updated and a note was added to my account. Yesterday and the fourth time I called to get an update on my order, my new number still wasn't updated. I'm worried I'll get a text like you did to my old number and I'll miss the opportunity!

I still don't have a VIN and it's almost been two months since I placed my order.

Hoping this means it’s updating for VIN. Crossing fingers

Attachments

• E9A58E0B-84F1-40EC-94F3-ABF4D1E64D3D.png
    E9A58E0B-84F1-40EC-94F3-ABF4D1E64D3D.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 70
I got a new phone number about a month ago and called Tesla to update it. All three times, the advisors informed me that it was updated and a note was added to my account. Yesterday and the fourth time I called to get an update on my order, my new number still wasn't updated. I'm worried I'll get a text like you did to my old number and I'll miss the opportunity!

I still don't have a VIN and it's almost been two months since I placed my order.

Whats your setup? I'm in Orange County too but its been exactly a month without a VIN (ordered 10/17). I have seen my exact same build (DBM LR 19" tow package) ordered after me and delivered to LA so not sure whats the difference with Orange County.

Whats your setup? I'm in Orange County too but its been exactly a month without a VIN (ordered 10/17). I have seen my exact same build (DBM LR 19" tow package) ordered after me and delivered to LA so not sure whats the difference with Orange County.

LR, Pearl White, All Black Interior, No Tow Hitch, No FSD.

Yeah I figured mine was standard and simple but I see no clear pattern in how they're assigning MY's. I've seen a few MY's around Orange County and I always turn my head in longing haha

Don't want to cause concern but that is kind of odd. I had to change my address because I moved and I saw my new address get reflected in almost immediately.

Definitely check your Tesla account. That’s how I got mine.

Thank you! The daily struggle continues! :D