Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My interpretation is that insurance is not required for your order to progress, only to pick up the car.

My order page says
> Proof of insurance is required to take delivery.
> Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but ...

I'm in the final few days of my 'expected delivery' range, so I expect to confirm this soon.

Congratulations. I’m in Marin and bought exact same car. Ordered Oct. 11, got VIN yesterday (74xxx); picking it up tomorrow. Quite excited.

I'm in the south bay, and ordered Oct 5. The estimate was 3-7 weeks, so it's close to the end of the window.
LR, MSM, 19" wheels, no FSD, with tow.
The only obvious difference is tow.

There is obviously quite a bit of randomness in the process. Fortunately I'm not in a rush, especially if the delay adds a feature or two.

I'm in the south bay, and ordered Oct 5. The estimate was 3-7 weeks, so it's close to the end of the window.

There is obviously quite a bit of randomness in the process. Fortunately I'm not in a rush, especially if the delay adds a feature or two.

My VIN just appeared on the manage page, 772xx. At a guess, it will ready for delivery at or just past the end of the "3 to 7 weeks" window.

Last edited:

I ordered 9/11. AWD/Red/white/tow no FSD.
When I ordered, and the order page until yesterday, said 6-10 weeks. :rolleyes:

Today, 11/20, is exactly 10 weeks from order date and no VIN yet. Bay Area. I completed all pre-delivery steps online as requested.

Well, today the manage page was just updated to say:

Estimated delivery -
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Doesn't look like even they know when they'll get me the vehicle. :eek:

quick question.
I scheduled for pick up this weekend and I decided to register the car under my business.
I registered under my name when ordering and also did finance with tesla using my personal info. What can be done up to this point if I decide to have the MY under my business? thanks!

I ordered 9/11. AWD/Red/white/tow no FSD.
When I ordered, and the order page until yesterday, said 6-10 weeks. :rolleyes:

Today, 11/20, is exactly 10 weeks from order date and no VIN yet. Bay Area. I completed all pre-delivery steps online as requested.

Well, today the manage page was just updated to say:

Doesn't look like even they know when they'll get me the vehicle. :eek:
Hang in there. I can understand your frustration, but you'll be so happy in the end.

My VIN just appeared on the manage page, 772xx. At a guess, it will ready for delivery at or just past the end of the "3 to 7 weeks" window.

Update: I was contacted today, Friday, to finalize the payment in order to pick up my car on Sunday at the factory. That is a day or two within the 3-7 week window.

Based on the discussion here about the risks in providing my banking login info to Plaid, I asked for a different option. I was told to click on "couldn't find my bank" to use ACH payment instead. I definitely wouldn't have figured that out on my own.