Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today!!! 2021 LR/white/white/20". It's VIN is 75xxx and it has ALL the goodies. Double pane window, USB port/drive in glove box, metal scroll wheel....

FOUND NEARLY NO ISSUES other than minor misalignment of the left rear tail light near the charge port and a slightly bigger gap on the front passenger headlight meeting the bumper. Other than that, she is practically immaculate. No issues with the middle seat being mis-aligned. No issues with frunk or charge port door misaligned. No issues with paint. No issues with the rims.

I think after Fremont has built 75,000+ of this units, they got it down to a T now. I am VERY pleased and impressed. I think I got super lucky on this one.

I had read terrible reviews about the Costa Mesa Pullman Ave. location but surprisingly my car was parked right out front and I showed up and went to action inspecting the outside for a good 20 minutes. The staff saw me but nobody cared or approach me and I had all the time in the world. Finally, when I was ready to inspect the inside, I went to the staff and that's when they let me opened the door and checked the inside. I had all the time in the world to accept or reject and my down payment was in my hands the entire time.

congratulations, I’m so excited for you. I hope my experience is the same. I literally just got my VIN just a few minutes ago after a 46 day wait. Looks like I’ll get it before Xmas after all. What are your plans now that you got it? I’ve got a lot I want to do, but honestly, after waiting so long, I think I’m just going to drive it and savor the experience for a bit. Luckily, I have about an hour drive from SC to home.

Reactions: jetsurgn
congratulations, I’m so excited for you. I hope my experience is the same. I literally just got my VIN just a few minutes ago after a 46 day wait. Looks like I’ll get it before Xmas after all. What are your plans now that you got it? I’ve got a lot I want to do, but honestly, after waiting so long, I think I’m just going to drive it and savor the experience for a bit. Luckily, I have about an hour drive from SC to home.

1. Buy new car wash material
2. Buy performance CF spoiler
3. Tint the car

Reactions: jetsurgn
I ordered MY White LR no tow with Gemini wheels on 11-01 with a time frame 5-9 weeks!! Got the text last Thursday
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 3 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.
sales agent said i should get my car Xmas week. I still don’t have a VIN but did pretty much everything else. Anyone know if it’s possible to get my car earlier?

Maybe they are just trying to order enough of those big bows so they can deliver them on Christmas.
Wouldn't mind that

I ordered MY White LR no tow with Gemini wheels on 11-01 with a time frame 5-9 weeks!! Got the text last Thursday
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 3 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.
sales agent said i should get my car Xmas week. I still don’t have a VIN but did pretty much everything else. Anyone know if it’s possible to get my car earlier?
Long story short, it's possible to get your car earlier but don't hold your breath. It's quite random and even a little bit of luck at play. There are people who've been waiting since September/October who still haven't gotten their VINs though it's mostly due to what make Tesla is concentrating on producing at this moment not servicing older orders first.

That being said, is it just me or does it seems CA deliveries have been a bit slower since that automated text went out? I haven't seen as many "VIN match" posts here.

Reactions: sleepies
Anyone else still waiting on the LR in norcal?
Placed my order on 10/28... got a text last week saying 1-3 weeks. My SA said should get it by end of this week.

Ordered 10/1 White LR, Gemini Wheels, Tow Hitch with 4-7 weeks wait... I live in Milpitas.

Received a text last week... "We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 4-6 weeks from today(11/19). Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment." "Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction."

I took delivery today!!! 2021 LR/white/white/20". It's VIN is 75xxx and it has ALL the goodies. Double pane window, USB port/drive in glove box, metal scroll wheel....

FOUND NEARLY NO ISSUES other than minor misalignment of the left rear tail light near the charge port and a slightly bigger gap on the front passenger headlight meeting the bumper. Other than that, she is practically immaculate. No issues with the middle seat being mis-aligned. No issues with frunk or charge port door misaligned. No issues with paint. No issues with the rims.

I think after Fremont has built 75,000+ of this units, they got it down to a T now. I am VERY pleased and impressed. I think I got super lucky on this one.

I had read terrible reviews about the Costa Mesa Pullman Ave. location but surprisingly my car was parked right out front and I showed up and went to action inspecting the outside for a good 20 minutes. The staff saw me but nobody cared or approach me and I had all the time in the world. Finally, when I was ready to inspect the inside, I went to the staff and that's when they let me opened the door and checked the inside. I had all the time in the world to accept or reject and my down payment was in my hands the entire time.

That's awesome. I'm extremely jealous. I had my car delivered by Costa Mesa and did not have the same experience. I felt very rushed and pressured to just accept delivery. My car also has a VIN of 75xxx but did not have the USB port/drive in the glove box or the metal scroll. At least it had the auto dimming mirrors though. My build date was 11/11. I'm pretty sure I just missed those other additions.

That's awesome. I'm extremely jealous. I had my car delivered by Costa Mesa and did not have the same experience. I felt very rushed and pressured to just accept delivery. My car also has a VIN of 75xxx but did not have the USB port/drive in the glove box or the metal scroll. At least it had the auto dimming mirrors though. My build date was 11/11. I'm pretty sure I just missed those other additions.

What day did you go? According to my friend, he went on a Saturday once 2-3 years back and it was packed and he did say they rushed him like hell. I went on a Monday around 3PM and it was pretty dead. I was the only guy picking up a car at that time. I got a young Asian lady and she was incredibly nice to work with. Once I arrived, I immediately went up to the car and began inspection. Nobody came to assist me until I walked up to them. Even after they unlocked the car, I spent another good ole 20 minutes to inspect the interior and play with the controls.

Did you get the $1500 CA clean fuel reward instant discount?

I had a 2020 VIN assigned 4 weeks prior and rejected that. The advisor told me anyone who came to Costa Mesa to pick up any car 2 weeks prior wouldn't have gotten that $1500.

I got the same automated text today, car "ready in 3-5 weeks from today". 5 weeks from now will put us exactly at Dec 31st, so end of quarter. I ordered 9/11, so if it is indeed 5 weeks from now, it would've been 15.5 weeks from order date for me.

Did your SA say anything? I think I read in another post somewhere here or maybe it was reddit where the order got lost somewhere in Tesla's ordering block and the buyer had to start over.
Interesting. I ordered white LR AWD on 10/28. Initial estimate was 5-9 weeks which put it in the whole month of December.
The text last week changed it to 1-3 weeks which brought it to Dec 10 at the most.