Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I ordered white LR AWD on 10/28. Initial estimate was 5-9 weeks which put it in the whole month of December.
The text last week changed it to 1-3 weeks which brought it to Dec 10 at the most.

I'll try to find a link of that story if I can but I think that particular individual was unlucky and an exceptional case but even so, accidents do happen...

As for myself, I too ordered a White LR AWD on 10/17 with a 4-8 week estimate. My text from last week said 4-6 weeks since that point on which would put the window right up-to the very end of the quarter.

I think luck is really a factor here and Tesla does favor some order builds over others

I ordered 10/16 and got VIN assigned 11/20 Friday. On Saturday 11/21, I get a text to schedule delivery. The SA told me the car was manufactured in 11/19.

Anyhow, I never received any text regarding "Get ready to receive your car in 3-5 weeks" or anything up front like that. The previous car that I rejected delivery was the same thing. A VIN assignment happened and then one or two days later, it was "Schedule your delivery now".

It seems like what people are saying is true. The VIN is not necessarily assigned at Fremont factory. The car is shipped to all the delivery centers and then the delivery center sorts out and matches the VIN to a local customer nearby. At least that's what happened to me in both cases in SoCal.

BTW, my car had 7mi on the odometer.

I too received the following text on November 19:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions.

So at the latest, by Christmas?

I ordered on 10/4. SF Bay Area and picking up in Colma. Blue, 20" Wheels, Full FSD, Tow Hitch, LRAWD. VIN showed up website on 11/25, Received text on 11/26 to schedule pickup, and picking up at 10am on 11/28. So excited that I can now stop obsessively refreshing 'manage order page'! I have my checklist ready and will report back if any quality issues.

Awesome! I have the same pickup location. I ordered 11/3 so I'll probably get late December delivery. Congrats!

How many guys on here buying the MY for themselves rather than for their wives? Couple of co workers think they’re more for women. I like the CSUV cus it’s bigger than the M3 and I golf and wanted the space vs the smaller trunk of the 3.
You need to work in a place with different coworkers. Who would say something like that in 2020?