Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Mine is LR AWD MSM, Black, Induction, No hitch ordered on 09/26. I don't have VIN yet.

I got below text last week, I've been waiting for quite long. Do I need to call sales rep to get any update on delivery?

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions.

I got that same message on the 19th, VIN on 28th, and text to set up delivery the very next day. Black/black LR in Orange County

Hi All,

Mine is LR AWD MSM, Black, Induction, No hitch ordered on 09/26. I don't have VIN yet.

I got below text last week, I've been waiting for quite long. Do I need to call sales rep to get any update on delivery?

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions.

I got a 3-6 weeks text two weeks ago and so did a bunch of other people. I texted Tesla today and they couldn't provide me with any information (still no VIN assigned).

I never get a response when I try to reach out to Tesla. I don’t think they try to help much. Wish they were pro active enough to find canceled orders that match your specs

That has not been my experience at all. They called me the day I placed the order and gave me two email contacts immediately because I had questions. Every time I email them, they call me to answer my question. I just texted the number back that the 3-6 weeks text was generated from and they responded within ~8 hours. Super helpful but with no information.

tesla: your car is expected In 5-9 weeks

customer: so a week or 2 got it :)

This cracked me up. It's funny how impatient some of us can be. I totally get it, though. I've never had to wait so many months to get a car. If I wanted one, the dealer would find it and within a day or a week would have it shipped to their dealership. I'm getting impatient because my trade in valuation expired and I'm still driving the car. First world problems. I try to keep perspective that there are way worse things going on in the world than having to wait for my super cool electric car....

This cracked me up. It's funny how impatient some of us can be. I totally get it, though. I've never had to wait so many months to get a car. If I wanted one, the dealer would find it and within a day or a week would have it shipped to their dealership. I'm getting impatient because my trade in valuation expired and I'm still driving the car. First world problems. I try to keep perspective that there are way worse things going on in the world than having to wait for my super cool electric car....

I totally get it because we're all used to going into a car dealership and going home with a car. Doesn't help that it's so random how cars get assigned from tesla.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Just got an email from Tesla saying to expect delivery anytime from today to the EOY. They said to get any remaining pending items in my account in order and get ready for delivery soon. Did anyone else get this email?

I ordered 10/28, LR AWD, White Exterior, Black Interior, FSD, Tow Hitch. Northern California, most likely Fremont Delivery Center.
Text on 11/19 -- ready in 1-3 weeks... no updates since as well, been about 1.5 weeks since the text. No email today.

We picked up the car today and they were a bit behind schedule but the car was in great shape. The only issue we found was a hard to close frunk. Mobile service is coming on Thursday to fix it. Most of the other pickups we saw were black Model Ys as well.

I have a 2019 Model 3 and the Y has a much smoother ride and less road noise.

Got my VIN and was able to set the pickup time yesterday.

SF Bay Area Colma Pickup Blk/Blk/19"/Tow

Ordered 02/15/2020
Put on hold till October
Resumed order first week of October
11/28/2020 77xxx VIN assigned

We picked up the car today and they were a bit behind schedule but the car was in great shape. The only issue we found was a hard to close frunk. Mobile service is coming on Thursday to fix it. Most of the other pickups we saw were black Model Ys as well.

I have a 2019 Model 3 and the Y has a much smoother ride and less road noise.
Wow, you waited a while! Why did you delay delivery?

Just got a text today that they will be doing a home delivery on 12/2... I live in Milpitas. Is there a way for me to schedule a delivery at the factory instead? Worried about quality issues and having to refuse delivery.

I was able to change the initial home delivery to have the delivery done at Fremont tomorrow... SA called me yesterday morning to see if I wanted to pick up the car last night. I told her I prefer to do the pick up during the daylight. I got a text a within an hour that my car will be ready for pick up first thing in the morning. Hoping everything goes well.