Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I most recently deferred in October and they told me December, but I still see "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date" etc. Looks like I have to check in with my SA to see what's up. I would like that heated steering wheel since I'm taking a trip to the Midwest for the holidays, but not even sure if it will be there in time. Bioweapon Defense Mode is also highly desired thanks to the wildfires.

MYP w/ tow hitch and FSD

I'm so confused. Online when you try to order a MY it says delivery in 2-4 weeks. However based on most people here with previous orders it seems like it takes much longer than that?
It's most likely because they are trying to push sales as high as possible before the end of the quarter. For me being located in CA, I will most likely take delivery towards the EOY because I live so close to the Fremont Factory. Tesla will try and ship their cars farther first and then deliver to people who live in their backyard last b/c they are closer. Easier to call someone and say "hey, come pickup your car tomorrow" vs "it will be there in 3 weeks". Also those that ordered a performance tend to get the bulk deliveries towards the EOQ.

Reactions: Krock65
I most recently deferred in October and they told me December, but I still see "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date" etc. Looks like I have to check in with my SA to see what's up. I would like that heated steering wheel since I'm taking a trip to the Midwest for the holidays, but not even sure if it will be there in time. Bioweapon Defense Mode is also highly desired thanks to the wildfires.

MYP w/ tow hitch and FSD
The SA will tell you that they have to wait and get a VIN, I ordered MY 10/10, Still waiting for delivery date and VIN. Called my SA, he told me maybe by the end of the year.

OK. Dumb question, but my ADHD brain is going to make me nuts. Does anyone have a sense of when, during the day/night, that VINs and/or delivery dates come out? I check my phone in the middle of the night, at the crack of dawn, and about 1,000 times a day. It might (but probably not) ease my stress if I knew that if I don't see something before noon Pacific, I can give it up for a day. Or that they come out overnight. Or......? Please help me out of my madness!!! LR, DBM, White, 20", FSD, no hitch.

The SA will tell you that they have to wait and get a VIN, I ordered MY 10/10, Still waiting for delivery date and VIN. Called my SA, he told me maybe by the end of the year.
I get the same story from my SA. I just have a feeling they don’t care or even try and research on the car you ordered. Or even find a canceled order that meets your order request. I think they don’t care since we already purchased the car. So they got their cut lol

OK. Dumb question, but my ADHD brain is going to make me nuts. Does anyone have a sense of when, during the day/night, that VINs and/or delivery dates come out? I check my phone in the middle of the night, at the crack of dawn, and about 1,000 times a day. It might (but probably not) ease my stress if I knew that if I don't see something before noon Pacific, I can give it up for a day. Or that they come out overnight. Or......? Please help me out of my madness!!! LR, DBM, White, 20", FSD, no hitch.

My advice, don’t drive yourself crazy with Tesla delivery protocol . They don’t know when they will deliver or issue the VINs. Its like the luck of the draw. Like they say in the military Hurry up and wait, then wait some more. Hang in there and good luck.

Reactions: Krock65
My advice, don’t drive yourself crazy with Tesla delivery protocol . They don’t know when they will deliver or issue the VINs. Its like the luck of the draw. Like they say in the military Hurry up and wait, then wait some more. Hang in there and good luck.

I was notified on Friday to get everything completed for a Sunday pick-up.
On Sunday I was ready to pick it up first thing in the morning, but the car wasn't ready until later.

So yes, hurry up and wait, rush and wait some more.

Reactions: RT-3
LR AWD MSM, Black, Induction, No hitch ordered on 09/26. No VIN or any scheduled delivery date yet.

Anyone have below status in the Tesla Mange account? Does that mean anything? Do I get scheduled delivery dates after sometime?

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Just picked up my MY from the Costa Mesa Center. Man it was busy but not just from MY deliveries but I saw a couple MS and MX.

Only some slight headlight alignment issues and a small scuff on the interior, but overall, the the fit & finish was great!

Picked up our MY there today too. They're so busy I had enough time to check everything on the list. Basically Got all the new upgrades thankfully.

Picked up our MY there today too. They're so busy I had enough time to check everything on the list. Basically Got all the new upgrades thankfully.
Yup same here. Vin 81xxx. What time were you there? I came a little earlier than my appointment and they opened it and was able to go through the checklist without being rushed. But the line got a little long towards the end.

Reactions: MDLYNOT333
Hi all just placed my order last night for LR White M_Y w/ induction wheels.. I'm assuming i shouldn't believe the end of December delivery date right? Also dumb question is the number that starts with RN my vin number or order number?

Hi all just placed my order last night for LR White M_Y w/ induction wheels.. I'm assuming i shouldn't believe the end of December delivery date right? Also dumb question is the number that starts with RN my vin number or order number?
There's a very high probability that yours will be delivered this month.

No, the RN is not your VIN. Once you get a VIN, it will be labeled as such.