Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just assigned a VIN for pick up in Marina del Rey.
I was assigned a VIN 2 weeks ago but had to delay delivery, that VIN started at 80xxx

Today, the new VIN starts at 79xxx.

is it normal that they went backwards on the VIN??

It looks as if they just assigned you a different vehicle that was produced roughly in the same time period but slightly earlier or another vehicle they had on hand that was produced earlier.

It's not a matter of commonality, just luck of the draw in this case.

I ordered in January. Got a call in late June asking if I was ready to buy that day. I was tied up, so... Still waiting.

I find no delivery estimate. Manage page has Overview, Next Steps, Completed Steps. Where are you-all seeing delivery estimate?

Sorry for asking something everyone here knows.

SW

It should be on the right hand side of your order manage page, just a little below your order number that start with RN.

Some people have this section missing and it says that Tesla will contact you. I myself had this a few weeks earlier but I got an updated delivery estimate last week. Don't sweat it too much just yet if you don't see a delivery window but you see the text saying Tesla will contact you.

However, if you're missing even this bit of text, try calling your SA and explain to him/her of your situation. However, normally the SAs are in the same level of information darkness as we are that they may not be able to help that much in which case you have to ask your SA (nicely) to try and find out what's going on on your behalf.

Just saw on the website today that if anyone buying a new model y they would have to wait 9-17 weeks. good thing most of us got ours ordered already. My SA informed me that i should be getting mine next week 17-19th. But well see since things keep moving around.

• Helpful
Reactions: g0bears
Just saw on the website today that if anyone buying a new model y they would have to wait 9-17 weeks. good thing most of us got ours ordered already. My SA informed me that i should be getting mine next week 17-19th. But well see since things keep moving around.

That must have been temporary? I'm seeing 4-8 weeks for LR and no listed estimated delivery for Performance.

I'm seeing 2-4 weeks for both LR and Performance.
upload_2020-12-7_15-5-22.png

Hey guys I’m new to this forum but I’ve been reading up for a while. Sorry if this has already been answered but I just completed the financing portion of my portfolio and got approved from Chase but under loan details it doesn’t show anything about the $1500 California clean fuel discount. Is this normal or should I call Tesla before I confirm my loan?
Thanks Alan

Hey guys I’m new to this forum but I’ve been reading up for a while. Sorry if this has already been answered but I just completed the financing portion of my portfolio and got approved from Chase but under loan details it doesn’t show anything about the $1500 California clean fuel discount. Is this normal or should I call Tesla before I confirm my loan?
Thanks Alan
Its applied when you purchase the car so dont fret

Reactions: sleepies
hey guys i need to know if i should wait for my new model y LR 2021 or get this performance 2020 version? I would need to add 6k to the loan but i would lose my spot if i change my mind for the 2021. or i can just wait and add the performance upgrade for 2k but still not as quick as the MYP. it doesnt have the performance suspension, wheels etc but it does have the 0-60 at 3.5 and carbon fiber spoiler. any thoughts cus this is available now in San Diego and they would ship it to Costa mesa at no cost.
2020 Model Y | Tesla

hey guys i need to know if i should wait for my new model y LR 2021 or get this performance 2020 version? I would need to add 6k to the loan but i would lose my spot if i change my mind for the 2021. or i can just wait and add the performance upgrade for 2k but still not as quick as the MYP. it doesnt have the performance suspension, wheels etc but it does have the 0-60 at 3.5 and carbon fiber spoiler. any thoughts cus this is available now in San Diego and they would ship it to Costa mesa at no cost.
2020 Model Y | Tesla

Personally, I would wait for the '21 MY but everybody has different requirements.

Speed isn't something important to me so I can't speak for this however...

...you'll have your new car for the next several years and all its traits and quirks are going to be yours. I think it's best you get your vehicle when it's the latest and greatest you can get - not to mention the fact that we don't know the VIN for this MYP where it might be an early model with some issues in it. It might be completely fine but why risk it for not being able to wait another couple weeks when you'll probably have it for a few years?

Unless your needs to get a vehicle is absolutely immediate, I would wait for your '21 LR.

Reactions: Krock65
Personally, I would wait for the '21 MY but everybody has different requirements.

Speed isn't something important to me so I can't speak for this however...

...you'll have your new car for the next several years and all its traits and quirks are going to be yours. I think it's best you get your vehicle when it's the latest and greatest you can get - not to mention the fact that we don't know the VIN for this MYP where it might be an early model with some issues in it. It might be completely fine but why risk it for not being able to wait another couple weeks when you'll probably have it for a few years?

Unless your needs to get a vehicle is absolutely immediate, I would wait for your '21 LR.
Yah my only thing is that it’s got 3k miles on it so it seems like a demo car. The only thing that got my attention is the only performance. But I could be fine with settling for the 2k performance upgrade on the 2021.

Yah my only thing is that it’s got 3k miles on it so it seems like a demo car. The only thing that got my attention is the only performance. But I could be fine with settling for the 2k performance upgrade on the 2021.

You'd be nuts to get that demo car IMHO. At 3,000+ miles it's probably been driven hard by at least 150 different people with hundreds of full throttle launches.