Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And...back to 6-8 weeks..
At least it still matches up with previous date range. Hopefully the magic algorithm machine matches us all up with VINs in the morning.
God, that would be nice. I ordered 10/23 and still have never had estimated delivery on my page. Only ever had “we will reach out..”
They’ve lowered my valuation by 2 grand and now left in limbo. Sucks because I would’ve hoped they would prioritize the performance people but we are all left in the dust guessing. Doesn’t feel like we are appreciated. Just keep hoping they are holding out on us to give us a big surprise of all the bells and whistles just before Xmas. Fingers crossed.

God, that would be nice. I ordered 10/23 and still have never had estimated delivery on my page. Only ever had “we will reach out..”
They’ve lowered my valuation by 2 grand and now left in limbo. Sucks because I would’ve hoped they would prioritize the performance people but we are all left in the dust guessing. Doesn’t feel like we are appreciated. Just keep hoping they are holding out on us to give us a big surprise of all the bells and whistles just before Xmas. Fingers crossed.
Yep. MYP ordered also although you ordered two weeks before me. Less demand, so less productions priority I guess.
Stay positive.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
I order on November 7th and just picked up the car this evening. LR, pearl white, no other options. No issues with the build either...the panel gap on the hood is a bit off, but not much and not enough to delay or refuse delivery.

Same ordered on 11/7, Fremont. My account went from "Estimated delivery 12/13-12/31" to "“we will reach out..” just now..... Entire estimate thing just disappeared:(:( Did they forget to produce my car..:( Come on this gives me heart attack :(

m-310, I took your advice and called in. As you hinted, the chaos increased markedly!

My order is for Model Y, AWD, LR, White, White&Black interior. Ordered and paid $100 fee on 1/30/20, yes January. As of Sunday I still had no estimated delivery showing on my account.

So on Monday 12/7 I called. First sales person said it was weird that my January order hadn't been filled, as he is currently delivering cars to folks who ordered in November. He'd look into it and call me back. A different SA called back and noticed my account said delivery was to be in Fremont, and so switched to the Dublin store and they would look for a car. Apparently it is common for people to not be ready when their car is, as had happened to me in June, so it should be soon I was told.

Next day, 12/8, at 6:30 pm they called to say they had a car for me! Cool! Wow! Yippee! My account had now a VIN and we set pickup for 2pm today, 12/10. But... among the emails and paperwork flying back and forth was a confirmation of configuration change. ??? Oh! They switched to black interior from white/black. Oops! More calls ensued. Next day my account went to no VIN, estimated delivery 12/9-12/12, but the configuration was changed back to B/W. Today the estimate was changed again to 12/10 - 12/21.

So it appears that my account was in some kind of limbo mode, apparently the system was never going to allocate a car.

But calling in and pestering them did appear to get things moving. Moving in a circle perhaps, but had I not called I'm quite certain nothing would have happened.

So, Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, and yes Tesla's system seems disorganized. But it is not infrequent that people are not ready when their car does arrive, and this must add to the chaos as those cars suddenly become available to fill other matching orders, and the effect could ripple through several customers' allocations.

glad to have been of assistance!

I had a date range like you guys. Ordered day after announcement and told them I’m not ready. Figured I tell them I’m ready and won’t get my car till end of dec Jan but just got a vin this morning. Can I tell them I’m not ready even after getting a vin?