Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow had no idea they accept personal checks? That would make it much easier. Wonder if I need to confirm this prior to Sunday? My SA is completely unresponsive and I don’t know who else to contact.
My SA just called me. Confirmed that they prefer some form of electronic payment before or at delivery, but that they can get approval to do a personal check. He said he'll get back to me on that, but doesn't believe it'll be a problem. Was also told that my born on date of 12/23, also included a time that it rolled off the line (8:29pm). So, another baby with an exact birthdate/time! :)

Just got my vin for Bay Area weekend delivery: 91XXX.

Out of curiosity, I’ve seen some 92, 93, 96 vins out there. Does it have any significance that mine is lower? (E.g is it older/someone else’s rejected car)
Not really; VINs are allocated in a somewhat unknown way and assigned to a nearly-built car at some point. You'll have to ask your SA to be sure if you want to find out if it was rejected or whatnot. The build date itself is a more prominent indicator.

• Informative
Reactions: elementsdk1
Cutting through Dublin today saw a bunch of M3/Ys in a lot about 2 blocks away from the service center. There were about 50-60 M3/Ys of various colors but mostly black interiors parked in the lot. A few associates cleaning them up, removing plastic etc. Looks like this is their surge lot to push all the deliveries at the end of the year. Still waiting on my VIN.
Saw the same while running errands today, notably with a truck in a parking lot off Foothill and Dublin Blvd holding several MYs. So vehicles are in the vicinity and being prepped for pickup. So it won't be much longer for us. :)

Ordered on 12/10, LR/White/White/20”, and got my VIN this afternoon 96XXX. My delivery appointment was auto-scheduled for Sunday morning in Costa Mesa. Now that’s it’s all finalized I can’t help regret that I didn’t get MSM exterior. I’m sure I’ll love it either way!

Just went to the Fremont center and checked on mine. I was told that mine will definitely arrive before end of year though a VIN is not assigned yet. Few other things to share …
  • She also mentioned it will be a home delivery, no choice to self pick up on site for the reason of touch-less delivery.
  • In addition, she said they are delivering pretty much 24/7, so I asked seeing someone mentioned a 2am delivery, she said yes that can happen, someone will wake up with their car already parked outside the house.
  • They don’t do onsite fix even you self pickup, as they can’t afford it at the moment. (I guess maybe they are short staff due to the holiday?)
  • Once delivered, have 24 hours to upload the photos of the concerning matters and schedule an appointment thought the app to take a look.
Do see they are still busy loading cars to the truck, and don’t see any people picking up on-site.

Interesting - I received a VIN today as well with home delivery but was able to switch to Fremont direct delivery.

Just went to the Fremont center and checked on mine. I was told that mine will definitely arrive before end of year though a VIN is not assigned yet. Few other things to share …
  • She also mentioned it will be a home delivery, no choice to self pick up on site for the reason of touch-less delivery.
  • In addition, she said they are delivering pretty much 24/7, so I asked seeing someone mentioned a 2am delivery, she said yes that can happen, someone will wake up with their car already parked outside the house.
  • They don’t do onsite fix even you self pickup, as they can’t afford it at the moment. (I guess maybe they are short staff due to the holiday?)
  • Once delivered, have 24 hours to upload the photos of the concerning matters and schedule an appointment thought the app to take a look.
Do see they are still busy loading cars to the truck, and don’t see any people picking up on-site.

Did the same. Just emailed my SA and the two SCs involved with my delivery (Burlingame where I ordered and Serramonte/Colma where the pickup is). It was automatically switched in my account from home delivery to pickup at the SC.
Hmm … I ordered at Fremont, wonder if that depends on the SA. I will see what I can do when I get the VIN or delivery appointment. Thx.

Reactions: elementsdk1
FINALLY!!!! Just received my VIN at 10pm on 12/24!! VIN is 96XXX! Ordered White LR AWD White Interior and induction wheels FSD on 10/26! Tesla scheduled my delivery for 12//27 at 11am. Super stoked!! No I'm just hoping no major issues with the car or with delivery!

Reactions: Mr. James
Finally have my VIN! 94XXX.
Scheduled delivery is for Sunday, 12/27, however I'll need to wait until at least Monday or Tuesday since my credit union is closed this weekend and they need my VIN to finalize the loan. Hopefully Tesla doesn't give my car to someone else. o_O

Was worried about that as well. Ended up emailing our lender at the credit union and the tesla loan reps so they could let me know what to do and work it out so I could pick up the car (or receive the delivery) this weekend instead of waiting until Monday. Seems to have worked, will find out Saturday or Sunday.