Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what would happen if we reject or can't accept delivery this close to the end of the quarter. I'm stuck in a bind with my mortgage refi who say they are closing in 5 days, but that is obviously a little after our delivery (Tuesday). Along with the potential build issues that could be present on the car. If we can't accept are we just screwed out of a MY until Feb/March?
This has been a big issue. From many people it seem that My is too popular to halt for overseas deliveries so alot of people think they will still produce for JAN/FEB but not as much.

My goal is to wait till at least mid Jan to see if I can get the new M3 headlights as well as possibly the updated interior

Took delivery today of my LR white/white, 20in wheels. Overall the car looked pretty good. My detailer was present for the delivery and here are the issues we noticed:

1. Tiny dust nibs under paint.
2. Front bumper has a small bit of plastic sticking out. This looks like an issue with the molding as this was seen on several cars in the same place.
3. Seatbelt adjuster liner frayed in corners on both sides.
4. Rattle on driver side - may be from seatbelt adjuster.
5. Small paint chip on front bumper.

Panel gaps were pretty good and paint was very even over the entire car. No color variation which was my biggest fear.

Attachments

• 69C4E2C1-5EC0-4583-AB4D-B3336901006F.jpeg
    69C4E2C1-5EC0-4583-AB4D-B3336901006F.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 57
  • D3212FB6-4809-4949-80C2-9AF22BB07B51.jpeg
    D3212FB6-4809-4949-80C2-9AF22BB07B51.jpeg
    795.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 773573A4-A0E4-4830-B1E9-2B0910EF7D60.jpeg
    773573A4-A0E4-4830-B1E9-2B0910EF7D60.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 44
  • EC168B42-1145-4556-A6CD-70EF12DF46CC.jpeg
    EC168B42-1145-4556-A6CD-70EF12DF46CC.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 6E44D35A-C26B-409C-880E-BB4FAA2BD1D3.jpeg
    6E44D35A-C26B-409C-880E-BB4FAA2BD1D3.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: Maric
Took delivery yesterday, the car looked really good to me and I’m pretty ocd when it comes to cars. Very light scratch in the left side mirror, back seats are a little tight and need a little coaxing to go down but with car seats in the back didn’t seem to matter much to me. The steering wheel is just a little off. Going perfectly straight the steering wheel is just barely to the right. More annoying than anything.

Finally got our VIN 93XXX for white/black 19" w/ tow and no FSD, pick up at Rocklin SC. Unfortunately they scheduled it for a day and time we're not available, so we texted back asking to reschedule it for the next day.

We also requested to adjust the down payment we initially put upon submitting our application. But, my SA hasn't responded to my request.

• Informative
Reactions: AmbienWalrus
LR, blue/black 19", no tow/fsd. Ordered on 11/22. Had been scheduled for pick up tomorrow (12/28) for a few days. Noticed VIN 92xxx this morning. Also received the "Get ready to meet your Model Y" text msg. Another text message this afternoon said vehicle is still being built. Estimated delivery changed to between 12/27 - 12/31.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. James
Ummm this is a silly question but how on earth do you edit your posts? As in after I post something if I need to go back and change something in the post. In the past I've seen edit, delete buttons etc. But now when I go to my posts I don't see those buttons. What am I doing wrong? Lol Thank you and sorry for the 'Forum 101' question. :)

Ummm this is a silly question but how on earth do you edit your posts? As in after I post something if I need to go back and change something in the post. In the past I've seen edit, delete buttons etc. But now when I go to my posts I don't see those buttons. What am I doing wrong? Lol Thank you and sorry for the 'Forum 101' question. :)
I think new users do not have the ability to edit posts, perhaps for several weeks. Same for uploading photos. When you can edit this capability is only for 1 hour after creating the post.

• Helpful
Reactions: WhatsABattery
I think new users do not have the ability to edit posts, perhaps for several weeks. Same for uploading photos. When you can edit this capability is only for 1 hour after creating the post.
ohhhh ok. I didn't know about the 1 hr deal. I'm not a new member anymore and I have seen the edit button on my posts. But I guess the 1 hr deal is why i'm not seeing it on certain posts. (please see the attached) Thank you so much.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 7.07.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 7.07.35 PM.png

Does anyone know what would happen if we reject or can't accept delivery this close to the end of the quarter. I'm stuck in a bind with my mortgage refi who say they are closing in 5 days, but that is obviously a little after our delivery (Tuesday). Along with the potential build issues that could be present on the car. If we can't accept are we just screwed out of a MY until Feb/March?
January is a possibility. Tesla typically sends a lot of 3's, S's and X's made in the first month of a quarter overseas, but not Y's.

Got home delivery tonight. VIN 905** with 15 miles. Beautiful car with understandable gaps in tail lights. The two left doors seemed to be harder to close -- I needed to slam to close them, needing about 1.4x more force to close than the right side doors. I'll test again & post an update again.

Holy crap what a wild ride!
So, I work in fremont near the factory, recently ordered a LR white/ black interior tow hitch FSD. (12/15)

Got all the emails/texts on 12/27 etc saying I could take delivery 12/28 at my home in Volcano, CA. I asked if I could just pick it up from the factory 12/27. They said yes.

Drove 2.5 hours to Fremont, left my ram promaster 3500 in the parking lot at work, accepted delivery and began software update, caught a Lyft to the factory, got there at 7pm or so, did an inspection for fit/finish- I'd give it a 9 out of 10! A couple small issues I'm going to schedule service for (I work right next to service center).

Finished software update, drove to my GFs apartment in SF, mostly just playing with autopilot which performs pretty well (not on FSD beta, super excited for it.

Left SF around 9- fooled around with autopilot the whole way from SF, through Sac, then out route 16 towards Volcano. Was surprised how well it does on dark, winding, narrow foothill roads... In the rain!

Best part, once I got out of the way of civilization, taking back the wheel from autopilot and driving the hell out of this amazing machine... Holy hell it rips! Total control, even on steep inclines, declines, turns and switchbacks, all in the rain. Night and day from a ram promaster 3500 cargo van!

Such a joy to drive, makes the minor fit and finish blemishes almost seem inconsequential.

The app is awesome too!

Oh and for people wondering about the suspension and road noise, there is a part of the road leading to my house covered in potholes that usually makes me feel like I'm in a rock tumbler in my van. Smooth and quiet in the Y. Hell yes.

Hope everyone receives delivery before the new year!

Got home delivery tonight. VIN 905** with 15 miles. Beautiful car with understandable gaps in tail lights. The two left doors seemed to be harder to close -- I needed to slam to close them, needing about 1.4x more force to close than the right side doors. I'll test again & post an update again.

Congrats! Were you able to report the issues at the time of delivery? Some posts said a detailer came with the delivery to fix minor issues. Curios if thats the case for SF

Just got a call from Tesla, home delivery. I asked if I can come to Fremont and pick up the car, they blame City Alameda's COVID19 Guidance, which I think it's half true. Anyway, I am ok with it, we got 24hrs to accept the car. If you don't like it, you can reject and waiit for another car in Feb or March :), and you willl lose 1-year Free supercharge :)
Tesla strategy is smart, they announced 1-year Free supercharge for this month it's just to prevent rejections. They want to sell as many cars as they can for 2020 to report to Wall Street, if you reject, they can't include your car in the final sale numbers.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus