Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up yesterday in Costa Mesa! Car is pretty much flawless. Panel gaps and alignment look good. Paint looks great! No complaints at all! VIN 94XXX.

Up next: PPF and tint coming next week!

Attachments

• 62569016-A62C-4BBE-9E50-F097C72D82B4.jpeg
    62569016-A62C-4BBE-9E50-F097C72D82B4.jpeg
    754 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Took delivery of MYP 96XXX this afternoon at the Palm Springs center. Car was delivered filthy and it was kind of amateur hour with the employees. Much quieter than other SoCal delivery centers but I’d suggest avoiding this one if possible.

One rear seat doesn’t fold, small paint chip on a hinge inside a door, and very minor alignment issue on the hood and one door. Overall a disappointing delivery experience but the car drives perfectly and is extremely quiet, which is what matters at the end of the day.

Took delivery of MYP 96XXX this afternoon at the Palm Springs center. Car was delivered filthy and it was kind of amateur hour with the employees. Much quieter than other SoCal delivery centers but I’d suggest avoiding this one if possible.

One rear seat doesn’t fold, small paint chip on a hinge inside a door, and very minor alignment issue on the hood and one door. Overall a disappointing delivery experience but the car drives perfectly and is extremely quiet, which is what matters at the end of the day.
Take pics and get that queued up for the SC. Good to hear everything else is great :)

Picked up yesterday in Santa Barbara. Rear seats need a little coaxing to drop with the buttons. Driver's side mirror has the lack of high and left adjustment issue. Other than that, everything seemed perfect. Very happy! Good luck to everyone else still waiting

Attachments

• BF2F2ADF-1EBD-46C5-B373-23870744B3BF.jpeg
    BF2F2ADF-1EBD-46C5-B373-23870744B3BF.jpeg
    651 KB · Views: 56
  • 4F283FC4-DBAD-44F4-892B-DAF118FD336E.jpeg
    4F283FC4-DBAD-44F4-892B-DAF118FD336E.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 47FB8BA6-E1C1-4B65-BE67-A0087D3F4746.jpeg
    47FB8BA6-E1C1-4B65-BE67-A0087D3F4746.jpeg
    585.5 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Pyguy
Took delivery tonight, VIN# 93XXX, at Rocklin, and unfortunately no new headlights. I saw all the new 3s getting picked up too, and those new headlights are nice. Totally envious, but obviously not a dealbreaker for us. The car was mostly flawless apart from a scuff on the paint, which i can take care of myself. We took delivery in the evening, so i'll check it out some more with daylight.

I'm unsubscribing to this thread moving forward. Best of luck to everyone waiting for theirs and happy New Year 2021.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Took delivery tonight, VIN# 93XXX, at Rocklin, and unfortunately no new headlights. I saw all the new 3s getting picked up too, and those new headlights are nice. Totally envious, but obviously not a dealbreaker for us. The car was mostly flawless apart from a scuff on the paint, which i can take care of myself. We took delivery in the evening, so i'll check it out some more with daylight.

I'm unsubscribing to this thread moving forward. Best of luck to everyone waiting for theirs and happy New Year 2021.

I was bummed about the headlights until I took my Y out tonight. Current headlights are terrific and much better than my 2019 Audi. Wish they were newest and best but there’s not a thing wrong with them.

Reactions: Krock65
quick update: After re-calibrating the power window, my door closes better but not 100%. So, it looks like it's an easy fix, I am going to accept the car and have Service Center to take a look later. Definitely, there is an issue. When the window rolls all the way up, I have to slam the door hard to close it. When the window rolls down, I can close the door with a gentle push. I believe when the window is rolled up, its angle may be too close to the door gasket that prevents it closes completely. Should be an easy fix at SC, so I will accept the car since the rest it's flawless.

Other than the rear driver door issue, the car it's flawless. I say flawless, I have spent 2 hours to inspect everything since I have 24hrs to do for home delivery, so far it's flawless. I could not find a tiny gap or a tiny paint job issue. Headlights align perfectly, taillights align perfectly, frunk, trunk, doors, no gaps at all. Roof glass is flawless too. The Interior is flawless too, no dirt, no scratches. All electronics work. Except for the scroll wheels button on steering wheels did not move/work at the first try, but after several pushes now they work very well.

So, I think Tesla did a very good job this time.
Had a similar experience with my pickup yesterday in Dublin. The rear driver's side door would not close, but the service advisor slammed it and it close. I accepted delivery, but still feel there is something wrong, so I scheduled a service appointment in Sunnyvale. Today I happened to be in Sunnyvale so stopped by to ask about this issue (among other things) and the tech looked at it quickly and could see the receiving latch needed to be adjusted out and up. Closing the door slowly you can see the door striking the receiving latch at the wrong angle. So that should be an easy fix.

Other than that, I observed right passenger front window misaligned and some excess glue along the beltline. The rest of the car's functions, paint, glass, upholstery was exceptional. Rear seats worked as expected. My only minor gripe is for "touchless" delivery the service advisor was way too close to me at all times, and generally too smothering as I inspected the car. I had to tell him to walk away and give me space.

Loving the vehicle and have literally driven all over the Bay Area over the last day and a half.

Totally agree on amateur hour with some of the dealerships. Not sure if Tesla isn't emphasizing good customer service and cohesion with their web, text, and onsite staff; or if what passes as customer service today is just so substandard it's disheartening.

Overall the vehicle is so marvelous to drive and experience, it makes up for the shoddy service.

I’m sure that this scene is playing out all over CA and hopefully elsewhere.

Stopped in at Tesla - Rocklin to SuperCharge my 5 day old Y at around 2pm this afternoon and the place was hopping. Four semis unloading vehicles and not an empty stall or parking spot anywhere. All 18 SuperChargers busy and lots of people waiting for a spot. A horde of excited and happy people taking deliveries. Hard to guess but I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed out well over 100 vehicles today. The staff is doing a super job to deliver as many vehicles as they can by midnight tomorrow.

Hope that its a Happy New Year of all the folks waiting for delivery.

SMUD. $599 rebate plus marginally lower rate from like midnight to 6a or something.
Not sure if they’re jumping the gun, but they uploaded sales documents that they’ve pre-dated for tomorrow. I’m sure they could just change the date on the documents like they change the date on the delivery, or am I just being cynical now. No updates since the “we don’t have your car” text besides the “sign these forms” emails.