This is realistically the only likely impact of the fires on Fremont. And only then because the paint process seems to be so bad it wouldn't be surprising that they have inadequate filtering to catch the ash before it makes it to the paint booth and drying areas.I'd expect the next batch of MY's come out with plenty of paint blemishes. Embedded ash nibs, to be exact
Mine is still thankfully at 2-4 wks. Was told today by my SA that a VIN is supposed to be issued for my Y today (nothing yet...), and that it could be here at end of month "assuming the factory continues to not be impacted by the wildfires" -- so that its on his radar and something he mentioned means they're talking about it and likely the message is, "no impact yet".
The timing estimate for MY just jumped from 2-4 weeks to 6-10 weeks...so wouldn’t be surprised to hear they were hedging on production capacity
hmm I’m not familiar with the particulars but he claimed to be quoting a “forecasting tool”? Might just be a guess I suppose.How would an SA have any clue if you are supposed to get a VIN today? If that were true we wouldn't really have people constantly coming here to find out if others have received theirs yet and not knowing when they should expect one. If SAs have those details they'd be providing them to customers to avoid the churn put on them by customers frequently reaching out for status updates.