Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Calipers vinyl wrap for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@iyordanov - I'd like to buy the Basic version for the M3 in red but do you have a version with white TESLA letters instead of the cutout. I have an SR+ and red calipers with grey letters don't look nice.
Unfortunately not at the moment. The reason being that weeding these tiny letters proved to be unfeasible (weeding cutouts is OK though as they don't get misaligned in the process).
What I will do down the road is to stop having cutouts and just have the letters screen printed..no specific ETA but hopefully by end of Sept.

Unfortunately not at the moment. The reason being that weeding these tiny letters proved to be unfeasible (weeding cutouts is OK though as they don't get misaligned in the process).
What I will do down the road is to stop having cutouts and just have the letters screen printed..no specific ETA but hopefully by end of Sept.
Please post here when you do have it. I'd love to buy them for both my cars.

Reactions: iyordanov
I like the idea of your product and watched the install videos. Glad to see an entrepreneur getting into the game and providing customer inspired products. I would like the pro version but agree with others the cut out letters are not as appealing. Printed on the wrap in white would also be my preference, especially when you don’t know when Tesla changes design specs. Please DM me if you can offer such a product.

Reactions: iyordanov
Has anyone done this? I find it hard to believe that the vinyl could withstand the heat (especially on the front calipers) for very long.
I've done it on my Model S and my wife's Model 3...no issues at all. Mine has been on since last August (i.e. 1 year now) and my wife's has been on for several months - 0 issues. This is heat resistant vinyl, not regular vinyl. Also Tesla's calipers covers (where this goes) don't get too hot. At one point I tested it with stencil vinyl which burns like a candle at pretty low temps, just for the sport of it - no issues...

Reactions: Lavender
Hey guys

I am Iliya, a long time Tesla owner, Currently I have a M3 and the refresh MS. Back in September last year I've decided to start my own Tesla after-market accessories company , called TWRAPS, and I do all the vinyl/ppf/tints production myself, in-house in California.
Since the start I was working on making products for the new Model S and X, but now it's time I spend some time for the Model 3 and Y.

With that said, I am working on a DIY install calipers wrap for those of us who don't have the performance Model 3, and I wanted to show you where I am at, and ask for opinions, as this is one of my most popular products for the new Model S and X but the calipers there are completely different...

Here are some photos, and a few remarks:
1. I make these with 3M reflective calipers vinyl, it's heat resistant.
2. Front wheel is easy breezy install, no need to remove the wheel, no need of heat gun.
3. The rear wheels is where it gets tricky - it's made out of multiple pieces (4 so far) to allow for a fuller wrap, but to install it you do need a heat gun to warm up the edges where it bends a little and you do need to remove the wheel. Is that too much of a showstopper or I should go for a simpler model for the rear, where you just don't cover as much but can do it without heat gun or removing the wheel?

PS. If you want to see my other Model 3 products, you can see them here:

If you want to request a product just let me know here.

View attachment 782322
View attachment 782323
Great job on these. Any chance you could start selling these for us old S/X users as well? Thanks!

Great job on these. Any chance you could start selling these for us old S/X users as well? Thanks!
To be honest- unlikely. The reason is that after we got a cease & desist from Tesla last year, we had to stop making the T E S L A letters cutouts and since then this product became rather unpopular. I could just stop selling it today and we won't even notice it (in terms of sales). That + the fact that the market for the previous gen S/X is small and only getting smaller (as they are not made anymore) makes it rather unfeasible to make it :/

To be honest- unlikely. The reason is that after we got a cease & desist from Tesla last year, we had to stop making the T E S L A letters cutouts and since then this product became rather unpopular. I could just stop selling it today and we won't even notice it (in terms of sales). That + the fact that the market for the previous gen S/X is small and only getting smaller (as they are not made anymore) makes it rather unfeasible to make it :/
I understand. Thanks for replying. Wish there was a easier way for me like your solution instead of painting them ☹️