Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Calipers vinyl wrap for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: How, on earth, does one get the existing caliper covers clean enough for these to adhere properly?
Pulling the rear wheels would be a deal-breaker for me, but I could definitely handle a heat gun.
Just pressure wash and if there is any debris stuck, wipe it off...that does it every time for me :) /I've installed this more than 50 times at this point/

They still look good.

51993291774_cdda83d280_b_d.jpg

51993562945_c8670a0f24_b_d.jpg

Reactions: iyordanov
Oh really? Based on your model s pricing for them, that’s a 50% shipping cost. Isn’t it just vinyl sheets? You can’t just stick them in a flat envelope and mail via USPS? Just thought I’d ask.
Correct, and this is exactly what I do, and yet again this is the price I usually see with USPS...UPS is even more expensive. It of course depends on the location in Canada, so once I release them you can check on my Shopify store, as it will auto-calculate the exact price. Hopefully it will be lower.
I also plan to send my most popular items to Prime in Canada (and then in Europe too), but that will come in a few months at least.

Reactions: yvr_bbq
I was just looking into these today (that is what led me to the forum), as I would love to add some color to my calipers without taking off the wheels. I don't want to put cover on because most of them look tacky to me, and for paint, I read somewhere that it decreases the trade-in value (does anyone know if that is true?) I would consider vinyl wrapping the entire thing but if there is an easier way to add a splash of color without too much effort, I am definitely interested. Also, to answer one of your questions above, for me it is all or nothing (seems odd to just do the front). Finally, there is one other place that I found that already has this product. I won't post it here out of respect for you, but it does appear for the rear calipers they recommend removing the wheels to properly apply.

Sorry for the constant delays... I was moving to an office which took a couple of weeks off my productive time, then waiter for a new plotter cutter to arrive so I can continue doing new products from home as it's more convenient to work in the garage. Now I am all set up and hope to finally start rolling new products quickly and calipers for M3 are top priority.

Reactions: Mustangr
2022 M3 LR - I’m about to paint mine, orange. I cannot understand how someone would think that they don’t have the tools or skills to remove a tire. Good lord, how would one replace a flat tire or rotate them??? I’m amazed that one would think it is easier to clean the calipers and apply the vinyl through the wheel spokes than to just jack up the car and pull a tire.

The only reason I haven’t painted mine yet is because I want all 4 corners up and paint them at the same time. At least your vinyl makes it easy to do this one at a time. Seems like you have a great idea.