Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call for donations for Port Angeles High-Powered Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, that's what I did too. I figured the calling would be good because it could be faster and you'd talk to somebody and be sure your donation got in...but if they don't answer the phone, I guess that is not much help!

What do you put down for the Organization, contact person...etc at the top of the form? I assume you can write 'for electric vehicle charger' anywhere on the form. Thanks.

I don't think either of these really matter; but for "organization" I put "Northwest Tesla Owners Club" and for "contact" I put down myself.

There are two boxes under "Under $1,000 Sponsorship". I checked "Other" and wrote "For electric car charger". That's the key line.

I don't think either of these really matter; but for "organization" I put "Northwest Tesla Owners Club" and for "contact" I put down myself.

There are two boxes under "Under $1,000 Sponsorship". I checked "Other" and wrote "For electric car charger". That's the key line.

Thanks. Made a small donation.

Hello all!

Sorry for the delay in my response to everybody. My life has been a bit crazy lately and I have hardly spent any time on TMC. First off, here is the latest update I have received:

"...we have received delivery of the charger. We are waiting on two minor infrastructure details to be delivered on August 8th. So keep your fingers crossed for a mid-August install."

So, things are looking good! **Donations to the project are still being accepted** If you want to donate, follow the directions in the first post of this thread. If there is any confusion, please don't hesitate to PM me and I'll try to get back to you (now that things have settled down in life, I think I'll be able to respond pretty quickly). The last check I had on donations the total was at $1325, but I know several people have donated since then, so I don't know what the current figure is.

Since we are coming down to the wire and have received a good amount of donations already, I'll let the cat out of the bag. In case people haven't figured it out already from previous posts, if the amount from donations is short of what we need for the charger, I will be donating the balance. By making that deal with the city, they went ahead and began procurement of the charger. As you can see from the email above, they have the charger in hand, and are waiting to get a couple of infrastructure items. I will update as soon as I know more about the install progress. Any additional donations are greatly appreciated as that reduces the amount I have to donate. Thanks to all who have donated and all who will! This will be a great addition to the charging infrastructure and really open up the peninsula for EV travel!

Thanks, Buzz for all your hard work! Do you know if they'll be installing a 14-50 as well? I remember someone making that suggestion a while back. It would be good for people like me who do not have twin chargers and would free up the Clipper Creek for those who do.

Hi buzz you can add me to the list, I'll send you a separate PM. I attempted to call Kathy Emery but she's on vacation and Roberta Assistant Planner no longer works there so talked to her supervisor Sue. She told me to send a check to her attention and she'd mail me a receipt. Hope I'm not too late...Thanks Buzz for your hard work and contribution.

Thanks, Buzz for all your hard work! Do you know if they'll be installing a 14-50 as well? I remember someone making that suggestion a while back. It would be good for people like me who do not have twin chargers and would free up the Clipper Creek for those who do.

No word yet if they are installing a 14-50 or not. I've brought it up several times but I haven't gotten confirmation one way or the other. I'll see if I can get more answers.

- - - Updated - - -

Bravo! Thanks for sticking your neck out there. I'd bet that we'll have you covered.

No worries! Happy to do it! Thanks to all who have helped out and will help out! I really appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi buzz you can add me to the list, I'll send you a separate PM. I attempted to call Kathy Emery but she's on vacation and Roberta Assistant Planner no longer works there so talked to her supervisor Sue. She told me to send a check to her attention and she'd mail me a receipt. Hope I'm not too late...Thanks Buzz for your hard work and contribution.

Not too late at all. Thanks for the donation! And thanks for updating on the situation with contacting the city...should help others who want to donate.

Great project, buzzbuzz. And thanks for sticking your neck out to speed the installation. Do let us know how much more is needed. How about posting to the Washington strand on the TeslaMotors.com forum to catch people who don't get here? I'll add my myself to the last list I saw and put a check in the mail tomorrow.
buzzbuzz
100thMonkey*
Tacket*
DouglasR
Odenator
Palpatine*
brianman
almostFitToEat*
hvb
EchoDelta
Seattle
Vger
MLH
Kit

Great project, buzzbuzz. And thanks for sticking your neck out to speed the installation. Do let us know how much more is needed. How about posting to the Washington strand on the TeslaMotors.com forum to catch people who don't get here? I'll add my myself to the last list I saw and put a check in the mail tomorrow.
buzzbuzz
100thMonkey*
Tacket*
DouglasR
Odenator
Palpatine*
brianman
almostFitToEat*
hvb
EchoDelta
Seattle
Vger
MLH
Kit

I did post on the official TM forum awhile back, but didn't seem to get much response...I need to check back there and see if anyone has responded to that post.

There are a few other people who have donated who didn't get put on this list (I got sidetracked and didn't have a chance to keep it updated). I just put in an email to my contact in Port Angeles to make sure they got the infrastructure pieces they were waiting on and try to get an estimated date of installation. I'll report back when I know more!

Just spoke with Kathy Emery and made my donation with credit card. Also, was able to send signed sponsorship form via email.

buzzbuzz
100thMonkey*
Tacket*
DouglasR
Odenator
Palpatine*
brianman
almostFitToEat*
hvb
EchoDelta
Seattle
Vger
MLH
Kit
tdchinn

Mailed my check in last week. Let me know if it doesn't show up on the list. Thanks again for working on this.

buzzbuzz
100thMonkey*
Tacket*
DouglasR
Odenator
Palpatine*
brianman
almostFitToEat*
hvb
EchoDelta
Seattle
Vger
MLH
Kit
tdchinn
dsm363

Hello all!

Here is the latest update from my contact in Port Angeles, in response to me asking if they had a date for completion:

"The pedestal and the transformer were installed as of today. I believe they are still waiting on one part, but, hopefully by the end of next week"

So, given this wonderful information, I am going to set a final date for donations for NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY (8/21/2013). This will allow time for any mailed in donations to make their way to Port Angeles for accounting, so I can get a final figure for my donation to complete the project. If you would like to donate to this project, please make your donation by that time! I will update the first post of the thread to reflect this, as well.

Thanks to all who have helped make this a reality. We are almost ready for high-powered charging on the Peninsula!

I will be contacting Port Angeles either at the end of this week or the beginning of next week for a final update to confirm that the final parts have been installed and the charger will be energized by next week.

Finally sent my donation in today, too. BuzzBuzz, you should tell us at the end if you are really far from your total. I could put in a little more. If you are say $600 off the goal, I bet several of us us would put in a little more so you don't get stuck with too much cost.

Also, my company should match this, but they only send payments quarterly. Too late for your need to cover it. I won't worry about the city receiving a matching fund donation even though they are finished with this particular project :)

I sent you a pm with my donation amount.

buzzbuzz, Kent should be contacting you about the possibility of this officially becoming apart of the Sun Country Highway roll out! The goal is to circle the entire peninsula, about every 50-70 miles or so! You have already done a huge amount of work to make that possible!