Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call from Tesla asking me to cancel Plaid+ and take a Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also was called and not told anything about the Plaid+ cancellation and I declined. In fact, I had two Plaid+'s ordered. Today I was emailed about both Plaid+'s and instructed to proceed with my order. I responded to the email and went to the website to cancel the orders, which I did but the !@#$%^&*s are trying to keep the deposits totaling $2K. Anyone else run into this?
When I got called about cancelling my Plaid+ reservation the advisor said the $1000 would be refunded and it showed up about 3 days later.

When I got called about cancelling my Plaid+ reservation the advisor said the $1000 would be refunded and it showed up about 3 days later.
Did you get call asking you if you wanted to cancel your Plaid+ order? My call was ahead of Tesla's cancellation and it was to ask me if I wanted to convert my order. I said no, and it was never even mentioned that Tesla was going to cancel the product, thus there was no mention of a refund. The indication that my deposit was not going to be refunded came when I cancelled the order on the website, and I did that after I received an email notifying me that the order had been "converted" to the Plaid.

Did you get call asking you if you wanted to cancel your Plaid+ order? My call was ahead of Tesla's cancellation and it was to ask me if I wanted to convert my order. I said no, and it was never even mentioned that Tesla was going to cancel the product, thus there was no mention of a refund. The indication that my deposit was not going to be refunded came when I cancelled the order on the website, and I did that after I received an email notifying me that the order had been "converted" to the Plaid.
Yes they called telling me that the Plaid+ was cancelled by Elon since the Plaid is good enough. The SA said that the $1000 would be refunded and if I ordered the Plaid while he was on the phone and put $100 deposit down the FSD would still be honored at $8,000. He confirmed that the $1000 would be refunded during the call. I think the $1000 should still be refundable as those are the terms when you made the reservation initially back in Sept 2020