Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Call home" voice command malfunctioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange issue has surfaced: when my wife or I give the voice command "call home" (yes, we still have a landline), the car (2020 Model 3) responds navigating to home. All other calling voice commands work fine. This started a week or so ago, was 100% fine prior to that. Problem occurs regardless of whose phone is running the car. Anyone else having this issue?

That stuff changes all the time as they expand the voice commands. You got to adapt. Maybe try "phone home".

Nio is so proud of their Nomi "voice assistant", but my Model 3 does most of what Nomi does, except roll its eyes and say cutesy things in Chinese. Oh, and take selfies. But unlike a Nio it also drives to where it's told to navigate to. Can't wait for general release NOA on city streets.

Today I was trying to figure out how to defog the windshield. When I'd say "defrost windshield" it would blow air up there but also turn the temp to Hi. So then I'd have to say "set cabin temp to 68". I'll have to work on this one a bit more. It's something to do in this time of loneliness :)

Last edited: