Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call me "Old School"..... (Poll)

What you you think?

• Cool, not bad - given your intended use

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • I like it and want to get one myself. How much?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • That's horrific, I'd rather see paint chips than that abomination (or similar variant)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Interesting good or bad (please post comments)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other, please specifiy by commenting/posting

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning on ordering a 2020 Acura NSX next year, but decided on the C8 Corvette instead. Briefly considered the 2020 Tesla Roadster, but my Model 3 delivery experience was the worst car buying experience I have ever had. It required over $3600 in body shop repairs (paid by Tesla) because of all the paint and alignment flaws.

Cool, that mid engine will be fun. I probably would have gone NSX, as they will be more unique and infrequently seen. Buy, that comes at a price!

Cool, that mid engine will be fun. I probably would have gone NSX, as they will be more unique and infrequently seen. Buy, that comes at a price!

I agree and I have yet to see the new NC1 NSX on the road. I rarely see a C7 Corvette around here.... What I see a lot of are Teslas (especially Model 3s, with about 5 different ones in the same color as mine), Porsches, Range Rovers and McLarens.

You are right about the price. I'm estimating the C8 to be about 80K compared to about $185K for the NSX.

Anyway, have you driven the car with the bra on at highway speeds yet ? I think you made a great choice for road trip protection.

Also, being custom made to order, there was are cut outs for my front license plate (WA state requirement), sensors, etc.

I like the look of it, and it's certainly very practical (spent days scrubbing bug guts off our 3's nose after a 1,300 mile road trip, and we've got a small chip to fix now too).

My only concern is that it does appear to be blocking the forward radar sensor (mounted in the nose, just above the front license plate). Does your AP system complain at all about it?

Looks MUCH better than I would have guessed. Not sure it would look so good with other colors.

I

Thanks. They offer it in flat black as well. Yes, I considered how it would look on MSM and agree, YMMV on other colors. I bought this mainly for long road trip at high speeds protection. It will be removed and stored when I return home. Nothing can ruin a trip more than having your new car stoned on the highway, or falling victim to a semi/dump truck hauling an over full and uncovered load on the highway. See that BS all the time here in the Seattle area.

I was planning on ordering a 2020 Acura NSX next year, but decided on the C8 Corvette instead. Briefly considered the 2020 Tesla Roadster, but my Model 3 delivery experience was the worst car buying experience I have ever had. It required over $3600 in body shop repairs (paid by Tesla) because of all the paint and alignment flaws.

If the C8 were available now, I probably would have picked that vs the M3P. Loved my last vette and the new one looks like a total bargain.

I like the look of it, and it's certainly very practical (spent days scrubbing bug guts off our 3's nose after a 1,300 mile road trip, and we've got a small chip to fix now too).

My only concern is that it does appear to be blocking the forward radar sensor (mounted in the nose, just above the front license plate). Does your AP system complain at all about it?

The radar and ultrasonic sensors have no issue with this. Took it on a longer ride yesterday and I wouldn't even know it was on the car - no effect on sensors and you don't see any part of it from the driver's seat. Haven't driven it faster than 60mph yet to give it a full shakedown, but do plan a safe high speed test in the near future.

Last edited:
If the C8 were available now, I probably would have picked that vs the M3P. Loved my last vette and the new one looks like a total bargain.

I agree !! I've always been a Vette fan and almost bought a C7. I've heard online the initial allocations are spoken for already. I'm going to order at the end of the year and will most likely end up getting a 2021. We'll still keep our Model 3 Performance though.

The radar and ultrasonic sensors have no issue with this. Took it on a longer ride yesterday and I wouldn't even know it was on the car = no effect on sensors and you don't see any part of it from the driver's seat. Haven't driving it faster than 60mph yet to give it a full shakedown, but do plan a safe high speed test in the near future.

That's good news. I've read quite a few posts from people covering the area above the normal license plate mount with metallic wraps and getting an AP error message as a result. Maybe the radar can penetrate whatever material the bra is made out of.

That's good news. I've read quite a few posts from people covering the area above the normal license plate mount with metallic wraps and getting an AP error message as a result. Maybe the radar can penetrate whatever material the bra is made out of.

The bra is made from a PPF like material, with flannel/felt lining. No issues, just like those who apply PPF or vinyl wraps to everything. This application, actually has holes for the ultrasonic sensors.

Do some rock chips on the nose reduce that much of the value of the car to make it worth having to mess with something like this?

I guess it comes down to personal preference but I've never been bothered by small dings on the car coming from normal wear&tear.
To me this is like protecting a screw-driver not to scratch the handle. It's a tool :)

Do some rock chips on the nose reduce that much of the value of the car to make it worth having to mess with something like this?

I guess it comes down to personal preference but I've never been bothered by small dings on the car coming from normal wear&tear.
To me this is like protecting a screw-driver not to scratch the handle. It's a tool :)

Yes, YMMV. I wanted this mainly for what I stated in post #27, and #1, of course.