Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call support 24/7?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They took the Y in for service and will just be addressing all of my initial minor fit/finish issues/doing an inspection as well as fixing the charge issue. Right now estimated completion date is 7/6. They set me up with a loaner 2015 S P85D locked in chill mode (lame). It came equipped with a bunch of grass in the trunk, but I'm glad I got a loaner.

Be carefull with them "grass in the trunk", unless it's ok for recreational purposes, of course...:eek: :D

• Funny
Reactions: jwuwu and DDrawer
so...got the car back.

They didn't change the chargeport. They said when they ran diagnostics, it looked fine, nothing is loose. They tested the car at a local supercharger and it completed the charge.

The tech said some of the superchargers aren't properly grounded and they need to be updated, I guess my car was just sensitive to that even though other cars were charging fine.

I asked if that happens again and I'm in the middle of nowhere while on a road trip, what am I supposed to do? Have someone come out and fix the stalls? And just level 2 charge again?

They said they'll need me to log it or take a snapshot if it happens again. To do that I need to hold down on the "car" icon on the bottom left for 10 seconds and it'll do it.

So yeah, I don't know. Not the outcome I was expecting. I guess I'll just have to see if it happens again or not.

That's not great.... I wonder if they just torqued down that bolt which resolved the problem. It doesn't sit well with me that they keep blaming the super chargers. They said that to me the first time I called even though I used 2 separate chargers. The second time I used a charger which someone else had already been using successfully so if they try to blame the chargers again I'm calling BS.

Reactions: jwuwu
That's not great.... I wonder if they just torqued down that bolt which resolved the problem. It doesn't sit well with me that they keep blaming the super chargers. They said that to me the first time I called even though I used 2 separate chargers. The second time I used a charger which someone else had already been using successfully so if they try to blame the chargers again I'm calling BS.

Yeah, they also said the model Y uses a new charge port compared to the older 3s. Not sure if it's torque down but I did get a notification that supercharging was complete even when it was in service mode.

It doesn't give me much confidence to use superchargers at the moment though with that explanation. I guess I'll have to go out of my way to test out some superchargers a couple times to see if it'll happens again and if it does, I'll meticulously document the whole thing with videos and pictures.

Ugh, they even had the part ordered and ready to go,
CHARGEPORT, NA, CP, M3/Y. Part #1490374-10-B.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matsayz
The tech said some of the superchargers aren't properly grounded and they need to be updated, I guess my car was just sensitive to that even though other cars were charging fine.

You would think that if "some" of the SpCs are not properly grounded, the local inspector that okayed the installation should be filleted and quartered.

Seriously, I don't buy this explanation, especially in SpC stalls that work with other Teslas.

Reactions: Matsayz
Just got a list of my parts ordered:

1. BRKT TOP, BUSBAR, 1-PHASE, CP, MY
    Part #: 1533981-00-C
    Order Date: July 2, 2020
  2. BRKT BTM, BUSBAR, 1-PHASE, CP, MY
    Part #: 1533982-00-C
  3. HIGH VOLTAGE BUSBAR, 1 PHASE,CP,MY
    Part #: 1501773-10-D
  4. HVCON,HDR,2P,600V,HVIL,BB,MY
    Part #: 1507802-00-B
  5. DKEPS,M6-1.0,[8],G1009
    Part #: 1521216-00-A
  6. BOLT,5-LOBE,M6X13,SHL[10X8],[88],ZNNI,MAT
    Part #: 1095042-00-C
    Order Date: July 3, 2020
  7. BOLTANDWSHR[DBL],M8x23,STL ZNFL,SDOG ADH
    Part #: 1104475-00-F

Still shows an expected pickup time of 7/6 at 12PM, but that seems pretty unlikely if parts were just ordered today. We'll see if they actually replace anything.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT and jwuwu
Just got a list of my parts ordered:

1. BRKT TOP, BUSBAR, 1-PHASE, CP, MY
    Part #: 1533981-00-C
  2. BRKT BTM, BUSBAR, 1-PHASE, CP, MY
    Part #: 1533982-00-C
  3. HIGH VOLTAGE BUSBAR, 1 PHASE,CP,MY
    Part #: 1501773-10-D
  4. HVCON,HDR,2P,600V,HVIL,BB,MY
    Part #: 1507802-00-B
  5. DKEPS,M6-1.0,[8],G1009
    Part #: 1521216-00-A
  6. BOLT,5-LOBE,M6X13,SHL[10X8],[88],ZNNI,MAT
    Part #: 1095042-00-C
  7. BOLTANDWSHR[DBL],M8x23,STL ZNFL,SDOG ADH
    Part #: 1104475-00-F

Still shows an expected pickup time of 7/6 at 12PM, but that seems pretty unlikely if parts were just ordered today. We'll see if they actually replace anything.

Looks like they are replacing the connection from charge port to HV Battery.

#3 on your list is #7 on diagram, as seen in this Monroe Live YT video at time 2:09sh.

Screenshot_20200703-002724_YouTube.jpg 20200703_001100.jpg 20200703_003137.jpg Screenshot_20200703-003434_YouTube.jpg

At time 2:09sh too:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jwuwu
That's what I expected. When the person on the phone guessed that it might be the "bolt" she mentioned this is new to the model Y for the charging set up. I thought about the Monroe video where he shows off the new setup being conduit style rigid cabling vs the model 3. Thank you for the diagrams and info!

Looks like my car will be at Tesla another week. My app told me the estimated completion was today at noon. I called over to the service center 4 or 5 times between 10 and 3 today and never got through. I even left a voicemail that they didn't bother returning. I finally got through around 4, and they informed me that the parts ordered might get their on Thursday. At that time they updated my app to show a pickup of Friday at 5PM.

Why is Tesla so bad at communicating with their customers? From the corporate down to the delivery centers, nobody ever tells me what is going on, I always have to chase after them.

Anyway, that's my rant. I'll keep you guys updated as things come together.

Just picked up the MY today. Looks like they replaced the charge port. I haven't tested Super Charging yet, but it AC charges, and they told me they tested a DC fast charger they have in the shop. They also must have disconnected my rear seat switches when working on those issues from delivery (passenger rear seat didn't fold each time, and also a clip was broken on the rear driver seat back), because those don't work at all now. Mobile service is coming next week to address that.

upload_2020-7-14_18-1-7.png

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT and jwuwu
I ran into the "Unable to charge, Check charging equipment" problem at the Mtn View Supercharger this week. It was stall 6A, which I think was out of commission before. I moved to 6B and was able to continue charging.

I'm trying to Supercharge often to see if my car has an issue.

The lack of communication from the service department is the norm. Forget talking to them. They are overwhelmed and its just going to get worse as they pump out cars with limited service centers and lots of warranty work required.

Instead, contact the guy you turned the car over to. Mine gave me his cell phone number after I complained about the lack of response.