TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Called by Internal Sales on 3/6 for 2 week delivery and still no car #Vin 515X

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by joesp85+, Apr 20, 2016.

1. joesp85+

joesp85+ Member

I was called out of the blue by the internal sales team and given a 48 hour window to buy a Model X that was to be delivered by the end of March. They said they had 2 slots open and guaranteed I would have it by the end of March.
    I was scheduled to pick up my car at the end of March, so I prepaid for the car on March 24th. They cancelled 3 delivery appointments, and after the 3rd cancellation, Emily in Costa Mesa said they weren't really sure where it was in the production queue.
    It has now been 6 weeks, and they say it is still in production and I should be out of production by May 5th.
    Has anyone had this experience?? I was going to wait since I already have a Model S P85+(which I had to get rid of since I ordered the Model X) and possibly order it at the end of the year, but since I was guaranteed to have one so quick, I jumped on the opportunity without even a test drive.
    What would you guys do in this circumstance?? I feel like I was pressured to buy something I really didn't need, and now it be 2 months after ordering that I receive the car. Kyrstin Munson is the southwest regional manager, says that I shouldn't be too upset since the car is worth waiting for, and nothing else could be done. I guess she will allow me to cancel my order, but will lose the 5K.

2. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

I'm in a somewhat similar situation as are many others who were promised last week of March delivery. I ordered my 90D in Nov/Dec expecting a mid-2016 delivery. Got told mid-March to expect delivery on 3/30. Paid up and sold my car to make room in the garage. They canceled delivery on 3/28 and moved it to mid-April, then late-April. No update since then except 'soon'.

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

They really need to stop doing this crap to make quarterly sales numbers.

It just seems like salt on the wound when they tell you "the car is worth waiting for" when you have given them an interest free loan since you pre-paid after they promised you a early slot to make their sales numbers. Pretty shady, really.

4. Cloc

Cloc Member

I'm in your boat. I am excited about my P90DL and was would have never thought twice if I needed it. To be the first on the block had some value to me but now... I've had time to have second thoughts... Maybe 90D would have been fine. I'm still excited just upset they baited me in and have no estimates. I tried to see if I could, if I wanted to, downgrade. Only if I reorder and forgo the 5k. Net 25k savings.... Hmmm I still want to be ludicrous. First world problems. Sorry everyone has to go through this.
    See my situation similar to yours:
    Model X April Deliveries

5. joesp85+

joesp85+ Member

Hey Cloc,

Maybe you want to exchange new P90D for my 90D?? Ordered mine fully loaded, but should have gotten the P90D instead. Would pay for the difference.

6. Cloc

Cloc Member

So you regret it? Which color combo did you get?

7. joesp85+

joesp85+ Member

Metallic grey 90 D with 7 seat configuration, with 20 inch wheels and premium. Tow hitch. Upgraded stereo.
    Not regretting it. Should have ordered a P90D instead. Getting mine next week. MSRP 13900

8. Ampster

Ampster Member

You lost your leverage when you paid in full. I wonder if they counted that as a sale or an increase in deposits? Not good from a PR standpoint.

• Like x 1
  9. Cloc

Cloc Member

Just easier to stick with the config at this point. Thanks for the offer. I got P90DL 7seat blue on black wheels with white int. Non-PUP with all other options. I'm sure we will all love our initial instinct orders once the cars arrive.