Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling All Lead Foots, Racers and Other "Abusers"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 5 months but I just find the range to be way less than advertised, obviously ;) If you are a spirited driver (IE not flooring everywhere but you like to dig in and be the fastest car on the road) prob expect 170-200 max out of the 90kw battery. I have ludicrous though so dont know if that changes anything.

Nothing in terms of degradation (how would you measure that?) Others who have dragraced the car can speak better than me, but from what Ive gathered you can do about 10 passes or so before you get a slightly noticeable impact to times. Not sure if thats on a 100% charge or 85%/daily charge. Also not sure how much juice you lose per pass on average, IE what #/range amt left means "my times will start to suffer" - would love to know too.

At a 1/8 mile dragstrip I lose about 2% battery after each run, on a 1/4 mile strip about 3%. Also after each run you go slightly slower. After 6 runs my time was 0.1 seconds slower. I only charge 100% when I am going racing and I have not noticed any degradation due to that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Trunk Gap
There are several cars available that have buttons on the steering wheel for extra zoom.
While I'm not advocating adding more buttons to the steering wheel, I think it would be nice to add a Sport/Ludicrous switching option to the menu button on the bottom right of the steering wheel, so that I could quickly switch between the two modes with the right rolling switch in the event that the 911 next to me needs a quick lesson in electrons.

Reactions: JediNinjaLady
There are several cars available that have buttons on the steering wheel for extra zoom.
While I'm not advocating adding more buttons to the steering wheel, I think it would be nice to add a Sport/Ludicrous switching option to the menu button on the bottom right of the steering wheel, so that I could quickly switch between the two modes with the right rolling switch in the event that the 911 next to me needs a quick lesson in electrons.

I agree that selecting these performance modes is cumbersome. (I just leave mine in ludicrous, why wouldn't you)? What is particularly frustrating is selecting Max Battery. It is a five-step process to turn on max battery and return to the main screen. On top of that, there is no indication whether Max battery mode is on or off without again going back to the main screen with a few screen taps.

I'm also an aggressive driver. My old P85D was always charged to 90% and the range went from a best of 409km on full charge to a low of about 398km on a full charge after 43,000km of driving (nearly 2 years). I think that was minimal and very acceptable. Also I am aware that these numbers don't actually reflect "degradation" as the range calculations would fluctuate with each charge by a few km. Bottom line, I think there is very little risk in using the car/battery heavily.

I dragged my car every chance I could this year. About once every four weeks average. I drove in crazy clandestine cannonball race mode to see my mom in the emergency room in Vegas... 4, 400 miles round trip. My car, #3, has already brought so many impossible racing and traveling memories into my recent past reality that I feel honored to own her... any loss of chargeable ability is minimal.

I have charged her to 100% quite a few times, but always using #3 on the road immediately. One time as I recall she may have said I 'could' travel 320 miles. 15,000 miles later, the magic number is: 316.
0917170654f_HDR.jpg

I love my car.

I dragged my car every chance I could this year. About once every four weeks average. I drove in crazy clandestine cannonball race mode to see my mom in the emergency room in Vegas... 4, 400 miles round trip. My car, #3, has already brought so many impossible racing and traveling memories into my recent past reality that I feel honored to own her... any loss of chargeable ability is minimal.

I have charged her to 100% quite a few times, but always using #3 on the road immediately. One time as I recall she may have said I 'could' travel 320 miles. 15,000 miles later, the magic number is: 316.View attachment 250551
I love my car.

Yep, You and I crossed paths in Holbrook AZ. I had made a similar trip to Michigan, where my father was ailing, and back to AZ shortly before meeting you briefly at the Supercharger.

Reactions: Elliott P100D
woah,hey it's Justin, we used to ebike together, you helped me move.
Do I have the right guy?

Hi Justin! I see you are trying to buy a new set of Tesla wheels. I suspect you have a couple of axles to go with them. Maybe you have been lead footing them to a frazzle. It appears we are both are still enjoying EV grins! I hope to link up with you again when we get the chance. I miss riding electric bikes with you. I hope things have been going great for you.