Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all military/ veteran owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17 years and counting as a wing nut. My avatar is a clear giveaway as to my ground support function. Held various squadron wide assignments up to Commander, and now assigned to a Joint Staff Billet. Counting the days when I can retire and slow the pace of life down some and enjoy more time with the family, AND cruising in my MS.

Just came back from a bi-lat command wide exercise with our Japanese friends. Wanna guess who the simulated red team was :)

The J4 crew:
9FF68E0E-D360-4D2D-9507-A256528CE8D8.jpeg A147642E-0519-4D3D-979E-E9BE16ADA8C7.jpeg

‘Moving mountains is too much work for too little return for a Commander or anyone in charge..”
Amen...You speak the truth! But there are rewards to be had that make it worthwhile at times.

Last edited:
Sound advice, but--no offense--these are all things I'm aware of and have already tried with three different installations. One base commander said go to AAFES. AAFES said we're not interested--we rake in the cash with gasoline sales and suggested I go to MWR. MWR said "not unless you bring us a list of users ahead of time and you educate us on how much we can make out of the deal." After I gave them some guessimates, MWR said "it looks like we won't make any money if we implement the law as written, so forget it unless someone orders us to do it". The other commanders weren't interested one bit. None of the installations have any official electric vehicles. I might have to wait until the son or daughter of one of the commanders buys a Tesla--at that point, I'd bet chargers would be installed with 30 days.

Anyone tried asking the USO? They may know doners looking for an opportunity to give back to the troops. Some states or utilities have rebates which can reduce the cost of equipment and installation.

• Helpful
Reactions: Deslah
Vietnam, Army intelligence, 67 -69. Proud owner of a P90D. I've had great cars but this is the greatest. The headwin going forward for EV's will be that the less fossil fuels that are used the cheaper the price gets. The cheaper the price the more difficult the choice to switch to EV's. Too bad. Most oil producing countries have to keep the oil flowing the stay in power.

17 years and counting as a wing nut. My avatar is a clear giveaway as to my ground support function. Held various squadron wide assignments up to Commander, and now assigned to a Joint Staff Billet. Counting the days when I can retire and slow the pace of life down some and enjoy more time with the family, AND cruising in my MS.

Just came back from a bi-lat command wide exercise with our Japanese friends. Wanna guess who the simulated red team was :)

The J4 crew:
View attachment 511344 View attachment 511346

Amen...You speak the truth! But there are rewards to be had that make it worthwhile at times.
Thats a lot of brass in that photo... lol

Dude, that's not a productive attitude. Some serve in jobs where there's no need for deployment, others simply were in during a stretch where their unit didn't deploy — especially nowadays when deployments are far fewer than in previous years. The "If your ain't deployed then you ain't s***" attitude doesn't help develop an effective or cohesive fighting force. It puts all the emphasis on the glory of the patch than on service to your country and comrades.
I completely agree. I’m an optometrist serving in the Air National Guard. I’m there for love of country, not the underwhelming pay. The pilots and flyers need us and I’m there for them.

Doesn’t appear to have a lot of us in this thread but I’m sure they are in the back with crayons trying to figure things out. United States Marine 1991-2021, CWO4 retired. Did my first 19 years enlisted, made it to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant(6591 Aviation Ordnanceman) and went to the dark side. 6004 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Officer.

Proud owner of 2017 Model S 75D, Falcon.

Navy A6 pilot 76-83, retired airline pilot. Patiently awaiting a refresh S ordered on announcement day while the green eyed cyclops mocks me as I drive into my garage daily. It was ready for my "March" delivery....
I was officer in VMA 242. VMA 224, Mag 13 El Toro.......Flew A6......where were you stationed? Marine Corps 1972 to 1989

Last edited:
Twenty year AF career. SEA tour 74-75 (Yup, I was there when the flag was lowered for the last time). My reward? A choice follow-on assignment that resulted in seventeen great years working in R&D, followed by thirteen years in the private sector. Able to retire in my fifties and start checking off my bucket list. A few years ago, my wife and kids bought me a brand new, bright red July 2018 build Model 3 to celebrate my 70th birthday. Life is good.

I retired at the rank of Lt Col from the Air Force after 20 years on active duty. I went back to work for the Air Force for 13 more years as a civilian, and just retired from that last July. Now I'm selling real estate full time and enjoying my 2020 Tesla Model S! My wife has a 2021 Model Y, and loves it dearly! Thanks to all my fellow veteran Tesla owners out there!