Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all MX 75D Owners lets y’all battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
189 at 100%? That pretty low unless you meant 90%
Definitely not wrong. That is the displayed milage at 100%. Definitely a 75D. I've owned it for 13 months, and the 100% range has dropped 5 or 6 miles in that time. It will have its 4th birthday in May. We look after it quite well. It it has always lived outside on our drive. We live in a hilly city and it's consumption figures from driving around the city average about 850w per mile. On a long trips it is closer to 350w per mile, in the height of summer we could did a couple of journeys at 290w but they were only when I slowed down to 55mph on the motorway so that we could get home without needing to charge up (which would have woken up our sleeping children).

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Definitely not wrong. That is the displayed milage at 100%. Definitely a 75D. I've owned it for 13 months, and the 100% range has dropped 5 or 6 miles in that time. It will have its 4th birthday in May. We look after it quite well. It it has always lived outside on our drive. We live in a hilly city and it's consumption figures from driving around the city average about 850w per mile. On a long trips it is closer to 350w per mile, in the height of summer we could did a couple of journeys at 290w but they were only when I slowed down to 55mph on the motorway so that we could get home without needing to charge up (which would have woken up our sleeping children).
Hmm yeah I would take it to a diff service center and keep hammering the issue.

I have a MX June 2018 that only charges to 209 miles at 100%. I have 70K miles on the vehicle now and 22" Tesla wheels. Brand new it used to give me 230 miles at 100%. I was wondering if there is a way to reset this to try and recoup the full charging capability.

I have a MX June 2018 that only charges to 209 miles at 100%. I have 70K miles on the vehicle now and 22" Tesla wheels. Brand new it used to give me 230 miles at 100%. I was wondering if there is a way to reset this to try and recoup the full charging capability.
You’ll have to run it down very close to empty and leave it sitting for a period of time. Then do a charge to 100% and let it sit at 100% to re-calibrate the BMS.

Every time we do it, it usually shows a couple more *miles* (most was 11)

Reactions: millerm77