Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all owners of a Black Model 3 ( Black Knights) Build Thread...

Group name

• Black Knights

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • Black Out

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Spades

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Dark Nights

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to start a Black Model 3 thread to offer ideas and assistance with the same colored car. If those with Black Model 3’s have another name in mind for our group, we can always change it from a black Knights to ???. Please post pics of your Black Model 3 here with your modifications (exterior mods: vinyl wrap, PPF, wheels, chrome delete, etc. & your interior mods).

I will be posting my modifications here as well. Here is what I have planned:
1. Floor mats- done
2. Wheels - in the process of powder coating
3. Calipers - in the process of being painted
4. PPF- mid June
5. Tint - mid June
6. Chrome delete- mid June
7. Rear Spoiler - ordered
8. TESLA emblem change - mid June
9. Lowering Springs (unplugged)
10. Interior carbon fiber wrap - mid June
11. Front tow license plate - done (just waiting for custom plates)

Here’s my before pic fresh from delivery center in Costa Mesa, CA on May 3.
upload_2018-6-14_13-56-42.jpeg

Can’t wait for my black night!!!!

Named my car Dark Matter, but I’ve been wrapping a few stuff with red. I might look for a different name. Black Widow?

I got these items done so far:

1. Tinted with 3M, except windshield
2. Mats, front and rear - that 3D product. Great mats!
3. Tesla trunk and frunk - still waiting on frunk mat to arrive.
4. Wrapped my console and dash with vinyl - used scissors and knife to cut. It’s not too difficult considering it’s my first time
5. Wrapped the front and rear T logos with red.
6. Ordered red seat covers, found them from the other thread
3. Ceramic coated with cquartz.
Material cost, about 1500 thus far. I’m running out of ideas on what I want to do..

Named my car Dark Matter, but I’ve been wrapping a few stuff with red. I might look for a different name. Black Widow?

I got these items done so far:

1. Tinted with 3M, except windshield
2. Mats, front and rear - that 3D product. Great mats!
3. Tesla trunk and frunk - still waiting on frunk mat to arrive.
4. Wrapped my console and dash with vinyl - used scissors and knife to cut. It’s not too difficult considering it’s my first time
5. Wrapped the front and rear T logos with red.
6. Ordered red seat covers, found them from the other thread
3. Ceramic coated with cquartz.
Material cost, about 1500 thus far. I’m running out of ideas on what I want to do..

Love the name Dark Matter... Would you mind posting some pics of what was done to your car? Thanks

Reactions: calidreamz808
Here she is after powder coating and caliper painting. Had it done at Baid Polish in Anaheim, CA. These guys do an awesome job and have done quite a few M3s. Wanted to depart from the “stock” wheel look so I went Triple Bronze with the wheels. More mods to follow...
39AEB7CF-D089-433C-8D79-AC28F1DCABE2.jpeg

That’s bloody cheap. My local shop wants $1k. Did they do a good job on the white lettering?

A lot of places are taking advantage of M3 owners wanting to mod their cars and jacking up the prices. Advise to do research and look around.
Baid Polish did a great job. Lettering looks stock. When I picked up my car, there was Blue M3 getting calipers done also.

Last edited:
Does having painted brake calipers require extra maintenance? Will the the wheels have to be constantly taken off to clean the calipers from brake dust, road grime, etc to keep them looking pretty and lovely?