Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all ProClip Users!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ive been a huge fan of ProClip for the past few cars but have been reluctant to attach it to our beautiful 17” screen as I feel it takes away from it and blocks some functionality. However, after trying cup holder, vent and magnetic mounts, I am not happy with any of those solutions and am considering biting the bullet and getting the proclip that attaches to the center screen.

Does anyone have any feedback about how functional it is?

Also, I have an iPhone X, and FaceID will really only work with vent mounts now, which I found extremely distracting when driving at night.

Reactions: eye.surgeon
regarding login, get an phone with technology within the past 6 year, then you can setup unlock by proximity to your cars BT or NFC tag on the holder, any Android device can do that, much better for night-use.

Attaches to the screen? I use the ProClip mount that attaches to the vent behind the steering wheel (between the right side of the steering wheel and the top of the 17” inch screen).

Wouldn’t that work for you? Keeps my iPhone 8 Plus where I can use the nav perfectly. Happy to give you more info!

I would think that would work for FaceID well also while leaving the touchscreen completely clear.

I’m also looking for feedback on the ProClip that attaches at the base of the center screen. I don’t like covering a vent so their vent mounted solution is not an option for me.
I agree it does block air from the vent. What sold that for me was having the phone in line of sight. I’ve not tried the lower mount as I thought that would block the cubby drawer I have and with that placement, you almost might as well use the built in dock! It’s all what you use the phone for while on the move, of course!

I’ve been a ProClip customer for a long time. At least on three of my past cars.
Still on the fence with my new Model S. I am waiting to see what they come up with for wireless charging, for example. Not even sure if I need a dash mounted phone holder at all, since phone, navigation and music are all integrated in my Tesla. Perhaps the center console charger would suffice. I might just put a wireless charger there.

Thanks guys. I am not interested in vent mounts for the reasons stated above. Blocks heat here in ny winters and I find it distracting eye level at night with a bright screen. I wish ProClip had better options for us. I don’t have a center console but have the third party Evannex one...

Ok, so I just installed my ProClip Center Console mount with the new iPhone X mount they released and as usual, I am very pleased. For the past year since I got my car, I’ve tried everything from vent mounts, cup holder mounts in my Evannex center console to magnet mounts also on my Evannex center console and nothing worked great for me.

I was hesitant getting a ProClip and attaching it to the center console as it does take way from the beautiful look of the 17” screen, but to me, this functionality is a good enough trade off. What is nice is, FaceID with the iPhone X seems to work if I position myself properly which helps when sitting at a red light and I need to unlock my phone.

Two caveats:

1) The mount completely blocks access to the volume and heated seat options for your passenger and I am sure my wife will complain. From the drivers seat I can access both, but the volume buttons are a little tricker. I use the steering wheel to control volume anyway, so not a big deal.

2) I am concerned if I ever need to remove the mount, how I am going to do it without scratching up the silver trim around the center screen. I will worry about that when the time comes, which won’t be for a long time.

Overall, nothing beats the quality of proclip mounts and although previous mounts weren’t as compromising, I found no other better solution for my needs.

Attachments

• DC6E4961-C711-4B3F-B4F5-DF52405CA79A.jpeg
    DC6E4961-C711-4B3F-B4F5-DF52405CA79A.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 437
The iPhone X mount I bought was an adjustable one without lightning cable attachment. I don’t usually need to charge the phone in the car since it charges all day at work and my commute is short. ProClip has holdsters for small-medium size cases that can be adjusted. Mine works with the Apple Leather case.

Reactions: DriveMe
Has anyone tried this magnetic holder? I believe that if you want to remove it, you slide a piece of dental floss between the mount and the dash and it comes off. This seems much better than blocking a vent.

I don't have this clip, nor do I have my Tesla yet (just ordered 10/31).

Any thoughts on this one?

Magnetic Phone Holder (Slimline)

I had a similar one and it was ok. I didn’t like the fact you had to stick a magnet in the back of your phone or case which could effect wireless charging.

My ProClip has arrived! As always, pretty easy to install, solid construction and a perfect fit! I like the location at the bottom corner of the screen, very easy to reach. Love it!
My wife will no longer be able to control the sound volume, but that’s her problem! :D

I had a similar one and it was ok. I didn’t like the fact you had to stick a magnet in the back of your phone or case which could effect wireless charging.

You don't stick a magnet to the back of the phone, only a small metal plate which doesn't affect wireless charging.

@farbster: I've had this holder for exactly one year and it's flawless. Highly recommended.

Since I switched to the OEM Tesla center console I decided to revisit using the adjustable ProClip Center Console which wouldn’t work prior on Evannex CCI since the edges are so curved.

The result I am pretty happy with. The phone is held at not the perfect angle, but way definitely viewable and controllable (at a red light of course). I am happy to now have my full 17” viewable screen back with which the ProClip Console Mount, was blocked in the right corner. I could not easily hit volume buttons or screen toggle buttons easily and passengers were completely blocked from accessing these. I lost a black screw cap which is what is circled and emailed ProClip who has very good customer service and is emailing me a new piece.

Attachments

• 5D7CE550-F31D-452C-AA60-8A45AB97BEF7.jpeg
    5D7CE550-F31D-452C-AA60-8A45AB97BEF7.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 260
  • AA6B6DAE-4116-4C04-B72E-6DEC802E9CCD.jpeg
    AA6B6DAE-4116-4C04-B72E-6DEC802E9CCD.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 249
I wanted to provide a little update in case anyone else is interested in this setup. Proclip sells a 15 degree angle mount that attaches to any of their bases, so this even gives it a better viewing angle. I do not know if this setup will work with the gen 2 integrated console as you can see I was able to hook the adjustable mount in between my gen 1 console and yacht floor. My understanding is that the integrated console is much more tightly bolted down, and you might not be able to do that.

To summarize, you need 3 pieces:

15 degree wedge: 15 Degree Wedge
Adjustable Mount that attaches to your center console: ProClip Adjustable Console Mount (5.2 to 7.1 in)
Phone Holder (in my case, it's a Universal iPhone X holder, but will vary based on what phone you have): Apple iPhone X Car Phone Holders | ProClip USA

IMG_0010.jpeg IMG_0011.jpeg