TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Calling all Raven Owners

Discussion in 'Model X' started by boonedocks, Jun 10, 2019.

1. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Just took delivery of our SP+L yesterday and of course it has Insane listed.

All you Raven owners....what is your current software version?

Mine is 2019.15.102

upload_2019-6-10_10-1-16.png

2. OPRCE

OPRCE Member

You may not want to broadcast your VIN like that ...

• Funny x 1
  3. MasterT

MasterT Member

Why?

• Like x 2
  4. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

2019.15.102, as well, and I'm the only X on TeslaFi with that version. Which tells me it's almost certainly specific to the Ravens, and perhaps we'll merge in with the rest of the X fleet (who are currently on 2019.16.something) with 2019.20 when it leaves early access.

5. NivenHuH

NivenHuH Member

I took delivery last Tuesday (6/4) -- current firmware is 2019.7.106.

I've been connected to wifi to try to get a software update, but nothing yet...

6. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Interestingly, TeslaFi also reports that my 5/31-built X has AP HW 2.5 Not sure if that's just a reporting glitch at this early stage, or something else. I did not purchase FSD.

7. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

I've been on 2019.16.3 for over a week now.

8. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Took delivery on 2019.7.106.

Did a deep reboot to see if it helped with something, and the car said firmware update needed, contact service center.

Left the car on my Wi-Fi for a few hours, and sure enough, it downloaded 2019.16.3.2 for itself.

Note that you're showing and describing an S, but you asked in the X forum, and the answers could be different...

9. NivenHuH

NivenHuH Member

oh
    Seems like I should give the deep reboot a try :)

10. Saghost

Can't promise you anything, but it's not likely to hurt anything.

11. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.20.4.2

TeslaFi did have several bugs months ago when the first AP3 cars showed up. I reported a few of them and thought they would've fixed them by now. They did finally start reporting AP3 hardware stats in May. If you look at the codec used for the dash cam files, I believe it can help you determine if you really got AP2.5 or if you have AP3, as would be expected.

• Informative x 1
  12. OPRCE

OPRCE Member

• Funny x 1
  13. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

I mean, kinda... But for one my first X was listed on EV-CPO and you can still find records of it there today. My current Model 3 and Model X you can find the VIN by walking up to them and looking at the windshield. That's a Tesla support issue, not a problem with people sharing VINs. If someone wanted to steal my car by social-engineering a Tesla support engineer, they would be easier to find it in a parking lot and call then than because they'd already be in proximity to the car.

• Like x 5
    • Love x 2
  14. Saghost

That can't be told quite right. The VIN on every car is displayed on the dash, as required by law. If all he needed was the VIN, he could walk up to any car and steal it at any time.

What it sounds like happened is he was somehow able to get the car attached to his Tesla account so he could use the phone app on it. That's what the call to service did, though I'm not sure how he persuaded them to connect him.

There's no reason to splash your info around unnecessarily, but anyone who walks up to your car has the VIN if they want it, so aside from somehow associating the VIN with your other personal information online, I'm not seeing the added risk.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  15. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yeah, there's a lot wrong with that "story".

• Like x 1
  16. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

Is it a sin to cover your vin?:eek:

IMG_6506.jpeg

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. Saghost

I think it's supposed to be available to police to inspect upon their request. Not sure if you can get a ticket for covering it or not - I've never read of folks trying. (On the car, I mean, not in photos posted on line.)

18. NivenHuH

NivenHuH Member

6/14 - still no update, been connected to wi-fi most of the day

19. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Still on 15.102 here, as well. On wifi and set to Advanced update preference.

20. NivenHuH

NivenHuH Member

Where's the Advance update preference? (Mine is at 2019.7.106, so i dunno if i even have that)