Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling on Greater Toronto Area, ON Model X owners / 407 ETR Transponder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my Model X. What do I do with my 407 ETR transponder? I'm assuming there is a sensor or camera behind the rearview mirror. Am I wrong? Any suggestions where I should mount my transponder? What do you do?

So I just got my Model X. What do I do with my 407 ETR transponder? I'm assuming there is a sensor or camera behind the rearview mirror. Am I wrong? Any suggestions where I should mount my transponder? What do you do?
Register your plate with 407 transponder not required for account/discount, S glass would not transmit assume same X.

After calling 407ETR, and explaining to them what you Said about it not working through Tesla's windshields they comfirmed that I really don't need to have it in the car. They told me I should try to mount it anyways, but I was adamant that it doesn't work and he assured me that as long as my plates and vehicle are registered with them all video toll charges will obviously be waived. I just have to be mindful that on the first bill since adding my Model X I will be charged and will have to call them to have all the charges reversed. After that first bill my plates will be flagged in their system, not to charge any extra fees.

Register your plate with 407 transponder not required for account/discount, S glass would not transmit assume same X.

It's true that the transponder doesn't work with some Model-S windshields. Some Model-S came with windshields that had a black cross pattern next to the rear view mirror, where you could attach a transponder.

It's my understanding that a transponder will work with all Model-X so far. I haven't tried it yet, my first opportunity will be next week.

It's true that the transponder doesn't work with some Model-S windshields. Some Model-S came with windshields that had a black cross pattern next to the rear view mirror, where you could attach a transponder.

It's my understanding that a transponder will work with all Model-X so far. I haven't tried it yet, my first opportunity will be next week.

407ETR said I can use the 407 without it. I'm not gob a tarnish my windshield and go without!