Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling wheel experts: MYP oem tires on aftermarket wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have a sent off brand new oem Pirelli takeoffs, initially I was going to sell them but now I think I’ll use them on a set of new wheels.

My question is: what are the widths and offsets of aftermarket wheels which will give me a nice aggressive look without spacers, but no stretch on the tire. This means the wheels themselves will have to be narrower compared to oem.

Does anyone have specs they can share? Thanks!!!

OEM wheel specs are here:

To cut down on stretch you can reduce width 1/2“, so 9” wide front and 10” wide rear. If reduced a full 1” there will be a beefy overhang and the wheel probably won’t have enough load rating.

To keep the edge of the wheel the same relative to fender, reduce offset by 6mm. So +34 front and +42 rear. You can lower the number more to push the wheel further out, but I’m not really comfortable with that. No one knows the changes and different stresses on suspension components. There is a big thread of people doing it though here:

There really aren’t any mass produced wheels with these specs, so you likely have to go with one of the custom forging companies. I have a set of 20”x9” +34 being made.