Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cam Viewer vs SentryView

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone care to share their comparative views on the usability of both?
Downloaded both but can’t use either because it seems using a USB to lightning adaptor on the iPhone doesn’t allow access to the TeslaCam files

I've been using Cam Viewer with the Apple lightning to USB3 adapter and I really like it. The interface for selecting which camera is the primary view is the best of any I've seen.

The only issue I've had is finding a microSD card reader that uses less than 100mA since that's the limit for iPhones. I've tried 8 so far and this Vikasi is the only one that works without an extra lightning connection for power. It's kind of silly that it has a lightning connector and you can't use it, but it works with the adapter.

I've been using Cam Viewer with the Apple lightning to USB3 adapter and I really like it. The interface for selecting which camera is the primary view is the best of any I've seen.

The only issue I've had is finding a microSD card reader that uses less than 100mA since that's the limit for iPhones. I've tried 8 so far and this Vikasi is the only one that works without an extra lightning connection for power. It's kind of silly that it has a lightning connector and you can't use it, but it works with the adapter.
I’m using a microSD card with USB adaptor - not sure on power requirements