Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cambridge Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year when I took an extended test drive of the Model X on a trip from Toronto to London, Ontario to visit my daughter at Western, I stopped at Woodstock for a relatively short charge.

Now that I have my Model 3 and I am planning the same trip this weekend, abetterouteplanner is telling me to stop at Cambridge on the way back to Toronto.

Anyone with any comments on Cambridge? How is it etc?

TIA. Excited for my first mini road trip!

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Stopped there on my way back from London to Toronto as well. The superchargers are in a parking lot with big box stores all around. Its a bit tricky to get off the highway so make sure to follow the signs properly. Stay left at the fork when taking the offramp and then go strait into the mall parking lot. Lots of food options around as well.

Toronto to London round trip is about 400km, you might be able to do it on a single charge! (I don't recommend you try :)

I've been to the Cambridge Supercharger location many times to shop, I don't charge there as it's only a few KM from my home. There's lots of big box stores around as well as a few restaurants and a Tim Horton's a few hundred meters away. If you're going to time it so you'll be there for dinner or lunch I can recommend Ben Thanh, it's a Viet Thai restaurant which is pretty good.

Thx. I'm hoping to be there as little time as possible. My quick trip is early morning from Toronto to London, visit my daughter, help her change some lightbulbs :) and drop off some food and other provisions, and then head back straight to my son's hockey practice before going home. Abetterouteplanner says an 11 minute charge at Cambridge on the way back and I can get to the rink and then home with 18% charge. Will be interesting.

The best thing about the location is you are pretty sure to get a spot, I don't think I have seen more than 3 cars there at anyone time (would it have killed them to put a destination charger there too!) 11 minutes would get you to the winners store and back. There is nothing immediately adjoined to the lot. On the plus side its quiet and you don't have to go anywhere neat the actual town proper. Also there is a starbucks on the highway a few minutes after you leave heading Toronto bound

I feel this configuration would be beneficial depending on what the EV user needs. And new users can move a SC car to a L2 charger if it has achieved its charge set limit.

Or the original car can jump onto the L2 charger from the start depending how much time you expect to spend at the charger.

Third scenario would be a new feature to set time block for staying at the charger and let the car / charger optimize the charge rate.

upload_2018-10-17_8-48-22.png

Reactions: X.l.r.8